I signed up Ellie for swimming lessons at the Lindon pool this year. June 17-27,
2013. I debated about sending her this little, but she scared me at how 'brave' she was when going swimming. I wanted her to be able to have some skills to know what to do, even if she didn't learn to swim really well. I think they were great and this was a good way for her to learn how to be responsible in the water.
When we first got there, we met her teachers. A couple of teenage boys(Cameron and Jed) and I didn't know how well it was going to go. They proved me wrong! They were great and Ellie really took a liking to them. She especially like Cameron and he was really good with her. I was surprised at how patience and energetic they were with the girls also.
They learned a lot of different things to do in the water. I was so excited that Ellie was listening and very willing to follow directions. She was apprehensive about going under the water, but by the end, she was a pro. They practiced jumping off the side. The instructor would say, Chop, Chop....Timber!
2013. I debated about sending her this little, but she scared me at how 'brave' she was when going swimming. I wanted her to be able to have some skills to know what to do, even if she didn't learn to swim really well. I think they were great and this was a good way for her to learn how to be responsible in the water.
When we first got there, we met her teachers. A couple of teenage boys(Cameron and Jed) and I didn't know how well it was going to go. They proved me wrong! They were great and Ellie really took a liking to them. She especially like Cameron and he was really good with her. I was surprised at how patience and energetic they were with the girls also.
They learned a lot of different things to do in the water. I was so excited that Ellie was listening and very willing to follow directions. She was apprehensive about going under the water, but by the end, she was a pro. They practiced jumping off the side. The instructor would say, Chop, Chop....Timber!
They did a really cool thing I haven't seen before where they tied a noodle around them like a floaty. This way they could all grab onto the person in front of them and go down the lazy river a row. They practiced kicking this way.
Practicing bubbles and going under
Swimming is exhausting! She was asking to lay down afterwards
Practicing floating on her back-sub teacher this day
After each class, they would get all snug in there towels and then lay in the sun to get warm
Gavin just loved being outside!
Practicing kicking some more while just holding onto Cameron's hand
Learning how to move her arms
and trying to kick at the same time
We did the lessons pretty early, 8:30am, and it was a little chilly to be in the water
Practicing bubbles and going under
Swimming is exhausting! She was asking to lay down afterwards
Practicing floating on her back-sub teacher this day
After each class, they would get all snug in there towels and then lay in the sun to get warm
Gavin just loved being outside!
Practicing kicking some more while just holding onto Cameron's hand
Learning how to move her arms
and trying to kick at the same time
We did the lessons pretty early, 8:30am, and it was a little chilly to be in the water
The last day was a play day. The Lindon pool is awesome and has a lazy river, pirate ship boats and a big slide. She had lots of fun with her teachers and the other girls in the class. June 27, 2013
There is a pretty big slide and I really didn't think the boys would take them down! I was wrong again. Then I thought, there is no way Ellie will go down that by herself! I kind of freaked out a bit, just on the inside:) They had her sit on there laps and she loved it!
Jed held her out of the water more
She didn't mind at all being in the water
Splashing there feet
Floating the lazy river by herself
She can get around the pool by kicking now
Cameron, Ellie, Jed
Jade and Ellie-Passed!
I'm so glad that we did lessons. Ellie loved it and now I am not quite as worried that she will just jump in from the edge by herself. She had a lot of fun and learned some great skills!
There is a pretty big slide and I really didn't think the boys would take them down! I was wrong again. Then I thought, there is no way Ellie will go down that by herself! I kind of freaked out a bit, just on the inside:) They had her sit on there laps and she loved it!
Jed held her out of the water more
She didn't mind at all being in the water
Splashing there feet
Floating the lazy river by herself
Cameron, Ellie, Jed
Jade and Ellie-Passed!
I'm so glad that we did lessons. Ellie loved it and now I am not quite as worried that she will just jump in from the edge by herself. She had a lot of fun and learned some great skills!






No comments:
Post a Comment