Saturday, May 11, 2013

Our First "Real" Garden

 We planted our first 'real' garden.  I never knew how much I LOVE gardening.  I always helped my mom growing up, but this year it was all Patrick and I planning and it was so much fun.  My mom obviously helped too:)  We planted big boy tomatoes, roma tomatoes, onions, yellow pepper, jalapeno pepper, watermelon, pumpkin, orange and purple carrots(I'm really excited about the purple carrots) blueberries and asparagus(the asparagus won't actually do anything for three years, but I think it will be cool to see how it does.  May 11, 2013
Patrick being oh so handsome.
My parents already had tons of raspberries that were in the middle planter.  There were a lot of new sprouts coming up and we moved them into the planter, so hopefully they will grow well.
Ellie was a big helper too.  We got her some little gardening gloves and she pulled weeds and helped us plant and water like crazy.
I am so excited to reap the rewards of fresh produce and can't wait.  It's amazing to me how a little seed or small plant can grow so well.  Who knew I would enjoy this so much!

No comments: