We had Gavin's 9 month appt today. He did so good. I was a little worried after him having a a double ear infection and then reactions to medications that he may still have the ear infection, but he looked great and very healthy. He weighed 19 lbs 14 oz, 50 percentile. 29 inches long, 75 percentile and head circumference was 46, 75 percentile. He smiled a lot for Dr. Arnold. I am so glad we switched to him. He reminds me a lot of Dr. Horkley in Logan and I really like him. He said Gavin could now be eating pretty much anything we are eating(as long as there is no choking hazard) The only things to not give him yet are shellfish and raw honey. He can even try peanut butter. I guess they have now found that trying peanut butter at 9 months is better for kids to not develop allergies. I feel like it's always changing. They also said I could start introducing milk at 11 months. With Ellie we waited till 1 year. He got one shot(Hepatitis). He screamed! He has a little temper and gets frustrated and mad and then will not stop crying. It's almost like he is proving a point and a little funny sometimes(not with the shot of course). They also checked his hemoglobin and it came in low iron. So they rechecked it and I forgot to ask the results. I need to call and make sure he was good. Here are some things Gavin is doing now.
~Crawling, pulling up to standing and walking along things easily. He even has just started yesterday standing for a couple seconds not holding onto anything. He is so happy and smiles huge at his accomplishment. May 7, 2013
~He is a climber. He climbs or tries to climb everything! I was loading the dishwasher and he climbed right onto it. He climbs onto Ellie's bed. We just got a big slide for the kids and he climbs up the slide part and makes it halfway up. He climbs onto his little chair. We had a long box for a canopy in the dining room and he will climb on that and turn and sit. The other day we heard him just giggling and looked over to find him sitting there laughing. It was close to a chair and he climbed onto the chair. Freaked me out a bit and the box was moved! He also pulled himself over the side of the tub and landed on his head. Poor kid. May 27, 2013
~He is so curious and gets into all the cupboards and drawers. He loves to pull stuff out and explore. He really likes to try and get into the fridge or bathrooms. We keep doors shut and have to keep a close eye on him all the time. He loves the upstairs bathroom and plays in there while I am getting ready. He loves to push everything into the tub. I even find binky's in the tub. The other day he pulled himself up and over the side of the tub(with no water in it) and landed on his face. I think it scared him a bit, but he has since tried to do it again. He also loves to grab whatever you have in your hand. Here he is exploring my drink of water. He actually did really well with it. May 18, 2013
~He is a very happy little guy and smiles and laughs all the time. He will laugh at himself or us and always with Ellie. They are so good together and play really well, for the most part(Ellie has a couple meltdowns each day when he gets near her castle or baby carrier/stroller.
~Gavin can say a few words now. He says Dada, Mama, Ellie(ayeee) and more(momo-when he wants more food)
~He loves other kids and tries to play with them-usually a little too much for most kids. He is very social little guy.
~He has started to growl a lot. At first I almost thought he was choking on something and it freaked me out a bit. I had to check, but then he kept doing it and now does it all the time. Then he laughs.
~We gave him a chopped up banana and broken up bread and he loved it. He has been eating some little foods, and prefers them over baby food. I really think this will be a good change for him.
~I am still nursing twice a day, and then giving formula for the other bottles. He eats every 3-5 hours.
~Gavin finally got his first tooth! The bottom left tooth. May 10, 2013 He got his second tooth also this month. The bottom right tooth came May 20, 2013
~He sleeps through the night. We try to get him in bed around 7 and no later then 8. He then wakes up between 6-7. He is napping, but really depends on the day for how long. He will usually go at least 45 min, but sometimes goes 3 hours in the afternoon. He still takes 2 naps each day. One around 9-10am and then again around 1:30pm. Sleeping was really hard when he was sick and we had a really rough few weeks. Around the 21st, he started waking up a lot and screaming. I tried to let him cry it out, but he just kept going and would get all worked up. He gets mad and throws his binky across the room, but as soon as I pick him up he falls fast asleep. I am going to have to be strong one of these times and let him cry it out, but it is so hard.(This was because of the ear infections I think.)
~Nicknames-Patrick and I call him Gavi. Ellie started that one and it has stuck. Grandpa Brown calls him little spike because of his haircut and now Ellie has started calling him that too. He also called him Butch one time and Ellie has called him that too.
We LOVE Gavin so much and are so glad he's in our family. He is so much fun and so curious and a little snuggler. He has to make sure we are around, but will play by himself with his toys or in cupboards. After a bit of playing he comes over and gives a hug/snuggle and goes back to playing. He is very much a mama's boy and will be just fine until I come into the room. Then he cries for me. Happy 9 months Gavi!




No comments:
Post a Comment