I found a great deal at JC Penney for pictures I just couldn't pass up. So, we went and got 15 month pictures of Ellie. September 13, 2011

I keep thinking that we are doing so many pictures...and we are...but I love having them. Everyone keeps saying our other kids aren't going to have so many, and while that is probably true, I will try really hard:)
Ellie had her 15 month Dr appointment on September 8 and is doing great. She weighed in at 21.75 lbs-33 percentile, and is 32 inches tall-91 percentile. I can't believe she is so tall, since I was always super short:) She got her MMR and chickenpox vaccines and screamed right when she got them. We got the shots before Dr Horkley came in and she did surprisingly well. She did throw a huge tantrum halfway through and wouldn't quit. She seriously screamed for the last 10 minutes of the visit. After she calmed down and we left, I had to stop and get a prescription filled and she threw another tantrum in Kmart. So much fun to have everyone looking at me. And...everyone says it is only gonna get worse:) Great! She actually is a really good little girl and helps out so much! I am amazed at how much she is learning each day! Here are a few things about Ellie.


I keep thinking that we are doing so many pictures...and we are...but I love having them. Everyone keeps saying our other kids aren't going to have so many, and while that is probably true, I will try really hard:)
- Started really throwing tantrums
- She is very independent. She likes to do everything on her own, which I love and also don't love. It is nice that she is so outgoing and independent, but I also want her to stay little:( It makes me sad how fast she is growing up, but it is also so much fun to be able to have her interact more and more with us.
- She has started to eat less and less. I have been so concerned about this that I asked Dr Horkley because she will seriously eat maybe 10 bites of food the entire day. She goes in spurts, but doesn't eat very well. She is getting another tooth, so maybe this is the reason...
- She still only has 2 bottom teeth and 3 top. She is so close to getting the 4th on top.
- She has had a little red rash on her bottom lip and when I asked about it, they said to either try Vaseline or chapstick. Also, taking away the binky would probably help to not have as much moisture always there. We have only been giving her the binky when she is sleeping or napping, but decided to take it away starting right after the appointment.(Now that I think about it, what a mean time to take it away. Right after shots) Anyways, she did really well. She had a little bit of a hard time going down for naps the 2nd day and cried for a while, but going down at night was no problem at all. For a couple of days she woke up pretty early and was up. She actually woke up the 1st morning at 5:45 and cried for an hour. She hasn't done that again and really hasn't had a problem at all. I am sad because she doesn't say bink anymore and it was so cute!
- Ellie is starting to say so many words and mimics us so much! She says blankie(bee bee), Milk(mil), mama, dada and daddy, done, g'pa, g'mama, Jesus(we point to a picture of Jesus and she says jeeee and then whispers us. She will also point to Jesus when we ask, pretty-she put on a blue bead necklace(Sept 26, 2011) and said pretty, doggie, juice(ju ju), hi(this is my current favorite), she has said bye but only once on Sept 22 with my dad, Eric(eeee), Kids, tractor, cracker, truck. Those are all I can think of right now, but she will try and mimic what we say and it really sounds so much like what we are saying.
- We always wash her hands and face when she is done eating and she used to cry and cry. She will now give us each hand and is pretty good about it.
- She loves to just jibber jabber all the time. She used to say vroom vroom when she would push cars/trucks around, now she says beep beep or weeoooo(a siren noise). She says a lot of animal noises. She has really started to do monkey noises and we often wake up to monkey noises coming from the other room. She has them on her bedding, walls and many of her jammies. She also sleeps with a monkey. It is hilarious because she will say oo oo oo oo and then in a high pitched voice, ah ah(Patrick does an awesome monkey noise) She has also really started to do a duck noise a lot and always has to have her hands making a duck movement when she says it.
- She absolutely loves being outside and we spend a lot of time in the front waiting for daddy to come home for lunch or from work for the day. She also loves her sandbox and will walk around to the back because she remembers where it is.




3 comments:
Her pictures turned out so cute! I just love those great JC Penny's deals... if you can just say no to the million upgrades they offer, you can walk out with very nice and inexpensive professional pics! :)
We love living close enough that we can see you all at least a couple times a month and watch Ellie grow too.
The boys got a red dot rash around their mouth as well. My pediatrician said that even though it sounds gross, it is like having diaper rash on their face because it is so wet from drool. We didn't really do anything about it and it went away. Their binkis were gone by then though... it was from drool with teething.
We taught the boys to bang their chest to do a gorilla too. It is funny. Elli is such a cute little thing!
Post a Comment