I know I haven't posted anything for a while, and I have so many things to post, but for now....I just have to post about how grateful I am for my life. I love it! I am so happy with everything right now and just can't help but see the best in things.
Patrick is such an amazing husband and is doing so much for our family right now. He is so busy and stressed to the max, and yet he is always happy and loves to play around with Ellie when he's home. She just loves him so much and lights up every time she hears his voice on the phone, or when he walks in the door. He is currently working full time and doing 3 credits in grad school which is very time consuming. I have to say though, he does a great job at work, and he is actually enjoying school this semester. The Lord must be blessing us for that:)
Ellie is such a joy. She is always happy and smiley and is learning so many things. I will post lots and lots more about the things she has recently been doing(ie calling 911-for real I still can't believe this and was so embarrassed, and starting to talk) She is 9 months old!
A couple months ago we switched over from the student ward we have been in for 5 years....and into the family ward. We were really worried, but I just know it was the right thing for us to do. I feel so comfortable and there are so many people in the same boat as us. The first Sunday I counted at least 10 kids the same age as Ellie. The first Sunday we were there, they asked Patrick to help with the Sacrament and then also asked him to say the closing prayer. He is always a target in wards:) I am so glad he is willing to do things! I am making friends and really enjoying the ward. I did get a calling already, Visiting Teaching Supervisor. Patrick and I just had to laugh because I have this calling in every ward. I have had it 6 times already, I must not be doing something right....anyways, I am actually really excited about it and really trying hard to help this time because visiting teaching doesn't seem to be a priority for anybody in this ward. We will see how that goes.
I feel so grateful for my family growing up and am really glad that they are members of the church and I grew up that way. I think about what I would be like had I not grown up a member of the church and I wonder how I would have turned out. The gospel is such a big part of my life and I can't imagine anything different. I am also so glad for the way Patrick was raised. He has such a great family that I love being part of. I feel so welcomed and just fit in with them.
Lastly, it's been raining a lot the last week or so and although a lot of people really don't like the rain, I LOVE it. For some reason I have always really like the rain, I feel happier just waking up to the rain. Maybe it's all the times my mom and I would sit on the front porch in the rain and watch the lighting and thunder. I especially loved the hail storms.
I hope everyone is having a great day and I will for sure post more when I get the chance. I have tons and tons of pictures...and maybe, just maybe I will finally get a video on here:) Until then her is a picture of a little over 9 months ago! I can't believe how the time is flying!




5 comments:
Oh yes! 9-1-1 has been called in our house too. BY CODY when he was just about Ellie's age. Maybe that is why they made it the emergency number....it is so easy to dial, even babies can do it!
I sure miss the student ward, but our family ward has been great here too! I am surprised that you switched, but hope you like it!
Glad to hear things are going so well! And go you for joining a family ward! That is a big change but it sounds like you're adjusting really well! That's great!
I am so glad things are going so well for you guys! Yes, Patrick has always been such a great guy, and he is hilarious! I always loved him growing up and thought he was an awesome cousin. :-) I hope you guys continue to do well and I am glad for all the joy you are experiencing! Good luck with your callings and all! I know you will do great...and you must be doing something GOOD if you keep getting that calling ;-) Take care and please give your family loves for us. I hope we can see you again soon! Maybe if we end up in UT this summer, we can come visit!!! :-D
What a great thankful post! :) I know we see you guys pretty often, but it's still good to read that you are doing so well and enjoying life to the fullest. :) You're right, life is so good! :)
Post a Comment