Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Happy St Patrick's Day!

Okay, I know it's not today, but what can you say, I haven't been much of a blogger lately:) I am catching up now, so make sure you check out the last few posts, they are new:) We love St Patrick's Day around our house. Patrick even thinks it's his second birthday:) So, every year we have a few traditions. Of course we all have to be wearing green! And we have a green breakfast every year too. Patrick grew up with green milk, but we decided we just couldn't go quite that far! We did enjoy green eggs and pancakes though. Ellie even tried green pancakes for the first time and really liked them. This year I decided that it would be fun to go all out for dinner as well and try to make an Irish Stew. I found this recipe at allrecipes.com and decided it was as good as any for me to try. I even bought a parsnip and leeks....although we substituted beef for the lamb:) It turned out really good, but just wasn't something I would probably make again. I will have to find another recipe to experiment on next year. We also had green koolaid, rolls(with green butter on the top) and kiwi. It was a wonderful day and fun to celebrate with traditions!

3 comments:

Lynda said...

I'll be there in a couple of hours to spend the day with you all. Can't wait to hug this sweet little lady.

Brooke Carroll said...

How fun! I totally forgot all about St. Patrick's Day this year...bummer! I have no idea why. But I am so glad you guys celebrated and had fun! Ellie is getting SO BIG and SO CUTE. I love her cute face! You guys look so great. :-)

Lacey said...

Fun that you guys get so into St. Paddy's Day. We did a green meal for it a few years ago and really overdid it... none of us have been able to stomach the idea since. :) Yours looks yummy though!