Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Gavin's Tumble and HUGE Cut!

What a day we had today!  Gavin is just bound to have bruises and cuts all the time.  He is always falling or bumping into something!  I feel so bad for the little guy.  Today was the worst by far!  We were at the park and just walking around a little rock path with some friends.  One of there little girls pushed Gavin from behind and he toppled over.  I didn't think much about it, but ran to help him up.  When I picked him up, blood was spurting out everywhere.  He was already covered and I was getting covered very quickly.  I looked at my friend, Jenny, and just said, "Help, what do I do!?!"  Then I asked her to keep an eye on Ellie and ran to the bathroom to clean him up.  I didn't have anything there to help stop the bleeding since I was at a park, but washed him up and used the paper towels to put pressure on.  He had a huge, deep cut on his forehead right at the bottom of his hairline!  We both decided that he needed to go to the Dr. to see if he would need stitches!  Jenny was really good and took Ellie home with her so I could run Gavin to the Dr.  When we got there, they took us right back and the Dr. said it was pretty deep, but since it is on his head they didn't want to put stitches if they didn't have to so there would be less of a scar.  They used a glue and it was not a fun visit!  They had to scrub it all clean and put stuff on it and hold my little man down!  He was quite a trooper though and didn't even cry until they put the glue on it.  Here is a picture of his head!  

I really hope there isn't a scar or that it doesn't make his hair grow funny for him!  I'm so glad that I was able to not completely panic and remember what I needed to do.  I'm also so glad that we have Dr.'s so close that are very good about getting us in quickly!  I guess I will be canceling his 1 year pictures that we had scheduled for tomorrow:(  Oh the life of a little boy!

No comments: