Thursday, August 2, 2012

Strep Throat is No Fun

Ellie has had a temperature for a couple of days.  It started at 104 degrees, but has been fluctuating and since she has been pretty happy, I haven't worried too much.  This morning she woke up great and we even went swimming at Seven Peaks with Denise and her family.  This was after swimming.  She didn't even make it up the stairs before falling asleep!
   Then tonight around 6, Ellie was feeling super hot and just wanted to be held.  I took her temp and it was 105.3 degrees.  Since we just moved here, I don't really have a pediatrician, but we have been to Utah Valley Pediatrics from when she had croup a couple months ago.  I called and they are awesome and have an after hours clinic.  They had us bring her right in and I'm so glad we did.  After telling us it was probably just a flu type thing going around, they took a test and found out it was strep!  No fun at all and explains why she has not been eating as well.  I am shocked though because she has been pretty happy and playing really well with cousins here.  What a trooper.  We went and picked up a prescription on amoxicillin and it stunk so bad.  Ellie has always been really good at taking medicine and never even gags.  This time right after she took it, she threw up all over.  I tried again the next morning and same thing.  We even tried to disguise it with no luck.  I ended up calling and getting another batch from a different pharmacy.  She hasn't had any trouble taking it at all and it smells much better!  Grandpa Brown and Patrick gave Ellie a blessing that night.  I hate it when she is sick.  It makes me feel so sad for her and I just want her to get better quick.

No comments: