August 9, 2012
We have been wanting to take Ellie up to the Hogle Zoo this summer and
finally made it happen. We met up with some friends and had a wonderful
time! Ellie did great and even made it the whole day going potty in
public restrooms! Amazing! Here are a ton of pictures from our day!
Had to get a picture with the lion fountain. She wasn't quite sure she wanted to stick her head inside.
I was so surprised because Ellie did not want to be on the Carousel. She was clung to me the whole time!
I'm pretty sure that the gorilla was her favorite! She stood right at the window and watched him. He even came up to the window and she wasn't scared at all. Here she is sizing up to a gorilla!
And we always have to get a picture by this guy!
She was so excited when we saw the elephants. There is even a baby elephant that she pointed out and said, "look at the tiny elephant!" In her little baby voice she does lately. It is so cute!

We went to the bird show. It is so cool. Ellie liked it for a few minutes, but it was really hot and she didn't want to stay there. It was a little bit of a struggle that I may skip it next time.
The new exhibit is open with polar bears, seals, sea lions and otters. I was so excited to see this part, but Ellie was not a fan of the huge bear. It is set up pretty cool where you can get right up to the window and watch the bear swim. He was very active too coming right up to the window and pushing himself off of it. I didn't get a picture because Ellie stayed very clear of the window! Here she is on the seal though.
I loved seeing the giraffes. And I loved all the hugs I was getting at this point in the day!
We took a train ride at the end that Ellie thought was awesome! Can you tell how extremely worn out and hot we were!?!
We had a great day at the zoo and hopefully will make it there more often living closer!













No comments:
Post a Comment