Monday, January 17, 2011
Sad Day!
I have always been one of those people that didn't like kids, well really little kids-babies, to play with my phone...I didn't want any buttons pushed that could mess it up, or cost more money. Well, since becoming a mom, I have found that I really don't care about a lot of things I thought I would. One of those being that I have been letting Ellie play with my phone. I just open a text and she holds it and ends up pushing buttons. No big deal....right? Well, the other day after she was slobbering all over my phone, I decided that was enough for the day. Shortly after I went to send a text message and the buttons were all messed up. I kept getting a lot of h's every time I pushed different letters. Then when I would try to send, the letter h would be there and send a few times:( I tried calling Patrick and it was extremely fuzzy and not very loud. I didn't panic....I just calmly turned off my phone and dried it out. Still no luck!
Patrick took it in the the store and they basically said...."Sorry there is nothing we can do, except of course sell you another one":( Being the cheap, well lets say frugal, person that I am, I decided to wait and see if we could get it working. By the end of the night, the buttons were all working again, and the volume works fine when I'm talking to anybody, but the ringtone doesn't work any more. There is no sound to my phone. After a couple of days, I started to notice that the battery dies halfway through the day and I have to recharge it. I am not glued to my phone all day long, but I am a little saddened by this because I don't want to have to pay more for a phone:( Well, needless to say, I am back to my old ways and don't want babies to play....SLOBBER on my phone anymore!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Luckily Julie hasn't destroyed my phone yet from slobber. She certainly does like to play with it. If you get a new phone, just keep the old one and let her play with that instead of your new phone.
Oh, the life of a mother! I have learned I can't live without insurance on my phone anymore. Check ebay for a gently-used one, unless you want to buy brand new!
Oh I can so relate. I can barely hear since my speaker is crusted over with dried Sarah slobber. But I don't want to get a new one since it will probably end up in the toilet or thrown down the stairs.
I won't get a nice, new phone until the day all my kids are old enough to not touch! So like 10 years from now.
Oh the stories parents could tell....at least our children are STILL alive! hehehehe
Sorry about the phone....I have MANY things (and so does Scott) that we now label as strictly OFF LIMITS. I still worry that I am teaching my children to be selfish rather than to establish a healthy respect for things - especially EXPENSIVE ones!
Oh well...motherhood! Hope your new phone is as cool and NOT too expensive!
Love you!
Post a Comment