Thursday, January 20, 2011

Ribbon Board

I have been wanting to make one of these for a while, but couldn't decide which design I wanted. I saw ones that had ribbon hanging from a cute sign that held the bows, or frames with ribbon in them to attach the bows. This one caught my eye the other day and I knew it was what I wanted. Plus, it was so much easier and a lot cheaper! I got the fabric and ribbon from Hobby Lobby for $6.00 and the board was a scrap piece from Lowe's that they charged me 25 cents for! What a deal. I got the idea from Sister Stuff. I really like how it turned out and it was a lot of fun to make.

Then I decided that I would try my hand at making a bow. Here is the finished product, a little blurry, but you get the idea. I love them!

I am definitely going to have to make more bows and try some new kinds. Anybody have any good websites I can look at for ideas?

4 comments:

Kim said...

I make a lot of my girls bows, but I also found a website where you can buy them super cheap. You buy everything in bulk, so you have to buy like a dozen bows, but you can always use more bows!

http://haloheaven.com/

Sandy said...

That's way cute! Good job Nicky! You're inspiring me to get crafty on some girly projects- I need to go to the craft store and let loose :) The Bows look great too!

Jessica said...

I love this board! Yours is even cuter than the one at Sister Stuff! :) *And I'm so excited to hear that Lowes sells scrap wood for pennies!

Meg said...

Cute bows! Craftsnob.com is a good sight with lots of ideas for bows. I see all these cute bows, but have no use for them...