Sunday, July 7, 2013

Cousins come to Town!

Denise and her family came out to stay for a couple weeks and we all had a great time!  Ellie and Gavin love being able to see cousins and are instant friends.  It is nice that the are so good since they are quite a bit younger, but Jordan, Spencer, Kelsey and Cody are just so good with kids.  Here are some of our adventures while they were here!
Yummy dinners each night.  We ate outside a lot because the weather was nice and we were able to all fit better on the deck.  Denise June 23, 2013
 Krista
 Cute kids Spencer and Kesley.  I can't believe how grown up they are getting!  The time is going way too fast
 We played at Trafalga in Lehi and had a great time.  Ellie and Kelsey June 24, 2013
 Go Karts-Denise and Cody
 Ellie wasn't sure she wanted to do the go karts
But she loved them!
Spencer
 My mom found these cool sun catchers and we gave it a try.  It was a huge hit and they all turned out great.  The kids loved making them....even if it did stink up the house a bit while they melted:)
 Ellie did great at making bugs and flowers and filling in the spaces

I didn't get a picture of everyone's:(  But here is Ellie's
We did our toes all matching with flags for the 4th of July! June 26, 2013
We gathered rocks from a friends house and made rock animals.  I saw this caterpillar and Ellie and I made one that turned out great!  The kids enjoyed this too, but it was a little more work to get them right and took a bit longer.  June 29, 2013
 Once again, no picture of everyone's, but here is Spencer's cat and a ladybug.  Kelsey did some awesome BYU rocks and Cody made a cool snake.  They are all out in my moms yard.
 I saw how to make rock candy and we gave it a try.  We put them on the fireplace to try to be 'safe' and not get knocked over anywhere:)  June 30, 2013
 
It worked, but took a lot longer than we expected.  So we sent them the finished product in the mail:)
Denise found an awesome tye dye kit that she brought and we did t-shirts.  I was super excited since I have wanted to make them for a long time. July 1, 2013 Picking out designed and folding and rubber banding the shirts
A little help from the kids and Denise and I made a bunch of tye dye shirts:)
 
 
It took a lot longer than expected, but the kids played
Mom and Krista relaxed
Patrick taught them how to be velasa raptors
And read them a bedtime story:)
Love him!
 We let them sit overnight wrapped in plastic wrap and then washed them out in the tub the next day.  Then they had to be washer separately so they didn't bleed on the others.  We wore them on the 4th of July and they turned out great!  July 4, 2013
We went and watched the fireworks at BYU with the Aglas.  I love watching fireworks and taking Ellie was a lot of fun!
Jordan was at a football camp and EFY while they were here, so I didn't get many pictures of him, but we did wait to do fireworks with him on July 7, 2013
Spelling out words with sparklers
Cool how the aerial is taking off behind them
 I found these for Patrick and knew they were right up his alley.
We got some aerials this year and they were a lot of fun and pretty cheap.
I'm so glad that we were able to spend so much time with family and have them come visit!  Already looking forward to the next time!

No comments: