July 19, 2012
Today we moved away from Logan! I can't believe this time has actually come. For many years, Patrick and I have looked forward to "getting out of Logan" and moving on. Now that we are actually doing it, it is really hard. We met here...We had Ellie here...have made so many friends...and now are heading out to our own new adventure. Patrick got a job in South Jordan and we are moving in with my parents in Orem for a few months until we can make sure everything is set and good to go so we can buy a house! Here is our apartment all boxed up and outside.
Ellie and I really didn't do much to help move. We had a chair brought out to 'supervise' and relax.
We did have a few mishaps while trying to move. First, we ordered a 16' truck that ended up being WAY to small for all of our stuff! After everyone loaded it all up...and couldn't fit everything...Patrick called budget and they didn't have any trucks. We weren't sure what we were going to do and decided that we would see what we could get rid of and have to take a couple of trips with other cars later. Then, Budget called back and said that someone in line had heard the conversation and they had a 24' truck reserved, but really only wanted the 16' truck! What a huge blessing. They were willing to trade us and we ended up not even having to pay more! So the boys headed to get the other truck and had to move all of our stuff into that one. Then back to the apartment to finish loading everything up. It was a really long day and really hot!!! Once we finally headed out, we were exhausted and Ellie was super tired! It was almost 4pm by now. I took the lead in my car and once I got to Brigham, realized that the truck was no longer behind me. I called Patrick only to find out the bad news that our truck had broken down:( They were sending a repair man and Patrick's dad was stopped with him, so he told me just to keep going. I got to my parents house 2 hours before Patrick and the truck:( My mom had called the Elders Quorum to have some people over to help
unpack, but since it was much later than expected we called to cancel
them coming. When we found out when he would be pulling in...around
8pm...we hurried and called and luckily had quite a few people come to
help! Thanks to everyone who spent a long day packing and loading and
re-loading and unloading:) We really appreciate all the help we
received. My parents were great and made room for us so we didn't have
to rent a storage unit. There house is extremely full now, but it will
work for a few months until we have our own place.
Dining room
We put half our couch in the living room and half in the family room
Disaster area-the garage!
More stuff hidden behind my parents couch-this will end up being just play area for Ellie
Our bedroom-this is actually the day after-we had cleared a ton out already!
Also the day after. We decided Ellie's room should be all put together first to help her adjust.
A month later, the house is looking pretty good. We have cleaned up the garage and my mom can actually park in there now! Almost everything is put into a storage room downstairs or into closets. and the upstairs hallway only has one box that isn't unpacked. I seriously can't believe that we have fit everything and it is pretty comfortable. I hope that my parents don't feel like we have taken over there house...even though we have!!! I think they are enjoying having Ellie around and all the entertainment that she brings with her. She loves being able to see Grandma and Grandpa everyday and I really like the help that comes with being here. I know that will be especially nice once the baby comes! Thanks for everything mom and dad!






1 comment:
That sounds like a long, hard day. I'm sorry!
Post a Comment