Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Tulip Festival

Every year Thanksgiving Point does a Tulip festival in there Gardens.  Each year, my mom and I say we should go.  We finally decided to make a day of it and head over on April 25, 2012.  I haven't been to Thanksgiving Point since high school....probably close to 12 years ago....and it has gotten so much bigger.  I couldn't believe it.  The gardens were beautiful and there were so many tulips and other flowers.  We had a really good time walking around.  I will say that it was huge...we walked a lot!!!  Here are a few pictures of the day.

Ellie and I by a waterfall at the very beginning.
She loved being able to push her stroller all over.
Here she is with Grandma Brown at a flower carousel.
After walking through this really cool vine tunnel,
We made it to the secret garden. 

With Grandpa Brown-I love this view with all the flowers going up the stairs.
Grandma had on her sunglasses, so Ellie needed to put hers on too.  
I love the cheesy grin here.
A very nice guy took our picture for us.  I thought it was hilarious because Ellie was so mad that he had our camera and just glared at him....no smiles.

Then we found the pond and got to see the ducks and fish.
Luckily Grandpa had a quarter and we were able to feed the fish.  I still can't believe how big they were.
 Ellie finally got tired of walking and rode the rest of the way.
We had a really good day at the gardens.  Glad my parents could meet us there!

2 comments:

The Whitmers said...

You are so cute pregnant! I love it! I love reading all the stories about Ellie. I wish we still lived closer so our little girls could play together.

Lynda said...

It was a fun day. The first half of the walk, downhill was so easy and fun. The second half back up the hill was a bit of a challenge the last few feet. Ellie was so much fun to watch feed the fish.