Friday, May 4, 2012

Masters Graduation!!!

On Friday, May 4, 2012, Patrick graduated with his Masters Degree in Instructional Technology and Learning Sciences!  I am so proud of him and all of the hard work that he has put in the last few years!  Patrick started his Master's program right after we had Ellie, I quit working to stay at home with her, and he started working full time while going to school.  Shortly after, he got a calling in our ward that takes up 2-3 nights per week. He has been doing all of this while going to school full time and being the best husband and dad in the world.  I know he has felt like he can't do it all and somehow has been able to.  He always made sure to take time for Ellie everyday and I know that she loves this time spent with him.  I am sure he doesn't realize how much he has done and I know that many times he has been discouraged or wanted to quit, but he pushed through and made it to the end of school!  I know if it such a relief for him to not have to worry about that.  
Patrick did the procession walk, which was really cool to be able to have everyone cheering them on as the walked to the stadium.  We were watching on the screen and were even able to find him in all the people.  Also, as they were about to walk in, we saw him right away.  I am glad we were able to find him in all of the graduates.  There were over 1000!  They had bagpipes playing-I thought this was awesome because Patrick has always loved them!  It seemed appropriate!
 Here he is being hooded.  
And I'm so sad because the only pictures I got of him receiving his diploma are blurry:(

We are so excited to have school done with and have more time with him and have him have less stress.  We were able to have both of our families up on Friday for graduation.

Then we went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner.  

Patrick got a new computer for graduation and is so excited to finally have an up to date computer....especially since that is what a lot of his major deals with.  We had so much fun with all of our family and had a great day celebrated Patrick.  His sister even stayed the night with us to watch Ellie and got us tickets to see the Avengers on opening night!  It was an awesome gift and great to be able to spend the time together.  Ellie loved every minute of her here as well.

3 comments:

bobandhaley said...

Congratulations Patrick! Now you guys are not moving away from Logan right? We will be coming back there in the next few years...

Alycia said...

Yay! Congrats to Patrick! I bet you are so happy to be done and have your hubby home more! You guys are super cute! Hope all is going well. xoxo

pawlyandsandy said...

Good Job Pappy! You rock!! I hope the job offers start pouring in now! :) Congrats!