We had such a great time at baby animal days this year. Ellie was
actually old enough to really enjoy it and it was really good weather on
the day we went. Patrick was able to take a couple of hours off of
work to come with us. It was sad because there were so many people
there that we had to wait in line for a really long time and he didn't
get to spend quite as much time as he would have liked to, but we still
had a great time. We got lucky to, because we had a friend coming in as
we were leaving and so Ellie and I stayed longer with her. She loved the cow and has talked about it ever since. She calls it a silly cow because it licked her hand. I am really glad that she wasn't scared at all. She is always really good with animals and sometimes scares me how she will go right up to anything and get in its face. But at the petting zoo, this was perfect. She thought it was so cool that she could go by each of the animals and get to see how they felt.
She was able to see horses a lot closer than what we normally see. We have horses by our apartments, but they aren't usually right up by the fence. The little baby was really cute too. I love this picture because she wanted to be like the other kids that were on the fence and was so excited to be up in the action. She is also saying cheese in this picture....Such a funny girl.
This was my favorite. I worried that she would be scared to ride the pony.... NOPE...not at all. She was in heaven. She even said YeeHaw as she rode. She looks so tiny and yet like such a big girl here. Patrick did walk with her the whole time:)
I think besides the pony ride, getting to hold the bunny and duck were a favorite. She was so soft and gentle with them and I am pretty sure if there hadn't been a long line of people she would have stayed there the entire time.
Ellie has always loved chickens and these were no different. She kept
putting her fingers in the cage though and I had to keep pulling them
out. 
We took a little break and Hadlie and Ellie found these fun toys. They were really thick rubber and blown up and the kids could just bounce on them. Pretty fun.
After getting a little lunch, we got in line for the wagon ride. By this time Ellie and Hadlie were pretty worn out and didn't want anything to do with lines! However...we got lucky enough to have a huge mound of dirt/gravel that all the kids played on. It's hard to see in this picture, but Ellie thought it was great to slide down on her tummy. When we got home later that day and changed her clothes and diaper, there was sand everywhere!
Here we are on the wagon ride. They both thought it was great. Ellie was extremely tired and decided it would be more comfy on the floor of the wagon...she even laid down. She was getting laughs from everyone around us.
We had so much fun. It was a really long day our and Ellie crashed when we got home. I had to wake her up around 5:30 because I didn't want her to be up all night. We also both got a little sunburn on our faces. Overcast days totally catch us off guard at the beginning of the season. I am so glad the weather cooperated and we were able to see all the animals this year.













No comments:
Post a Comment