Thursday, April 14, 2011

First Plane Ride

Warning: Lots and Lots and Lots of Pictures!

A couple weeks ago we decided to take a little trip to see my sister. My niece, Kelsey, was baptized and we thought it would be fun to go. Our flight left really early....7am:) So we stayed at Grandma Judy's the night before and then headed to the airport. Patrick didn't come because he had lots of homework and needed to be back for work/school on Monday.(We flew standby because my sister works for an airline, so you never know if you will really make it on the flight....turns out we wouldn't have made it home Sunday night, so it was really good he didn't come) He was pretty sad about it because he really wanted to be on the plane with Ellie and I and see my sister's family, but it was for the best. I met my mom at the airport, so at least I wasn't braving a plane by myself with a 10 month old, but I really had no reason to be worried...Ellie did awesome. We were able to all sit together also, so she had a little more wiggle room. She was happy as can be and content to just play around on our laps. She didn't even cry on the plane. She did decide that she wouldn't sleep on the plane too. It was so funny cause both times she fell asleep, the plane was landing and she would wake up when we got off the plane. I kind of didn't think she would sleep just because she's not a big fan of sleeping in arms anymore:( I was so glad for that. Here she is waiting for the plane to take off.

I will say though, I didn't want to have to worry about changing her on the plane and she decided to go right as we took off....I did find out that our plane actually had a changing table in the bathroom...AWESOME!!!

I just had thought this was cute. I was eating an apple and she, of course, had to have it. She chewed on it for a long time and loved it.

After the first day and the long trip(my sister lives 2 hours away from the airport) She was plum tuckered. She did so good though and was so happy pretty much the whole time. When we got to our motel, I took her out of the seat, put her on the bed and set up the pack n play, with all the lights on, and she slept through it all. Kelsey's baptism was the next day between conference and was really good. I didn't get any pictures of her though:( I did get this picture of us during the lunch. My sister Denise let Ellie try cantaloupe and she loved it. Here she is with my mom gnawing on a piece.Here are a couple of pictures of us just hanging around watching conference. I am so glad it is on the internet so we didn't have to dress all up and go to the church to watch.Another new thing for Ellie to try was a trampoline. I was a little(lot) nervous for this, but she had such a good time. She would just sit there and bounce up and down. It was hilarious. I even got on the tramp and let me tell you...I am so out of shape. I never realized how much energy it takes to play around on a trampoline.The weather was so nice there. We went on a walk Sunday between conference and everybody wanted to push Ellie in the stroller. I even had my hair done, courtesy of Spencer. I love my hair played with and here is the result of the braid:)Ellie did fall asleep on the plane ride home. I guess my mom just has the touch. We had quite a long layover in Denver, so it was nice that she slept this time around.I had to get a picture of the clouds in honor of Patrick:) Whenever we go on trips, we always come home with tons of pictures of clouds from the plane:)And here we are at the end of the trip. This is after a long day of traveling-getting up and leaving our motel at 3am. I think we look pretty good:) It was so much fun to get a way for the weekend and see family. Ellie had a really great time with all the kids and I'm so glad we were able to go.

7 comments:

Lynda said...

It was soooo much fun and Ellie was amazing. She is just so much fun and such a cutie. I really think you guys should buy the house next door!

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

What a fun little trip. Ellie looks so grown up! Wow. What a cutie.

pawlyandsandy said...

sounds like fun! glad she did so well on the plane and you guys had fun with family! Conference weekend IS best spent with family!

bobandhaley said...

Take advantage of flying while she is this young, because it only gets harder! Looks like you had fun.

Lacey said...

Sounds like a super fun trip! I'm glad that you got to go and have fun. The last picture of you, Ellie and your mom is super, super cute too. :)

Denise said...

So so so so so so so so so so so
sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
glad you came!

emo said...

Hi Nicky!

Looks like you guys had a good time. She is such a cute little lady!

I will add you to my blog list and then you can view my blog. It has been neglected though. I'm doing a Master Esthetics program and will be done soon; more time to blog! We need to meet up sometime maybe this summer?!