Friday, November 5, 2010

Halloween Happenings...and Zeppe's!

I haven't posted quite a bit, and I really want to get everything on here. So...there may be a few....I mean a lot of pictures:)

First...we went to the pumpkin walk. I love this tradition. They had so many great scenes this year. I am always amazed at how much work goes into everything and how well it turns out. My parents came up and went on Oct 23, Patrick couldn't make it so we went again on the 25th.Both days were pretty cold and rainy/snowy, but we happened to make it just at the right times to be out of the bad weather. Here are a few pictures.

Isn't this little hat so stinkin' cute?

My Parents and Ellie
At the end of the pumpkin walk there are all these cut outs(can't think of what you would call them...oh well) We just had to get a Harry Potter. After the pumpkin walk, we went over to carve pumpkins with Steve, Lacey and Ivy. We had a great time and I think all of the pumpkins turned out wonderfully!
Ivy had a great time playing with Ellie. She loved pulling out the binky and then shoving it back in:) Ellie smiled a lot and didn't seem to mind. Ivy really likes babies and does great with her. Patrick's Pumpkin My PumpkinDon't they look awesome all lit up! Left to Right:Steve, Lacy, Patrick, Nicky
I found the cutest...I mean scariest...looking cookies on this website. I thought they were so cute and just had to make them...well, they were a little harder than expected when I tried to put them all together. These were actually the only two that made it. So many of the legs broker and the inside frosting kept leaking everywhere...but these 2...look wonderful:)

We decided to head down South to visit our parents for Halloween. We couldn't miss dressing Ellie up for her first Halloween!

Isn't she the cutest little monkey ever?!?

She sort of seemed to even like being dressed up:) All smiles! Ellie's latest thing she can't get enough of is playing with her feet/toes. She has been doing this for a while when she had shoes on or cute jammies. But now it is constantly with her toes:) Every time I turn around her feet are sticking straight up and she's grabbed onto her toes. I even went in to check on her after she was sleeping and found her feet in the air...she's so funny! These pictures are from November 1, 2010. She also enjoys sucking on her feet. Yummy!A friend of mine told me about a new place her called Zeppe's. It sounded like fun, so we went and tried it last night. It was pretty good, a little expensive, but fun to try. It is an Italian Water Ice and custard place. They have lots of different flavors and change them each day. I had mine mixed together for a shake and Patrick's was in layers. Patrick and everybody else....my dad....Patrick's mom...all want to give Ellie everything to try. I am not quite ready yet....but I also want to see her reaction when she does try things(I don't want it happening behind my back:), so, I have to say, we slipped Ellie the tiniest bite of the Italian ice, she wasn't sure what to think about it...just kind of smacked her lips. I also tried to put her hair in a little ponytail. You can't tell very well from the picture, but it was so cute. I just love all of her hair! Well, that is whats been going on with us lately. I finally have our pictures back too, so I will post them soon!

4 comments:

Lynda said...

Loved all the pictures. The pumpkins really look great all lit up. Ellie is the cutest!!!

pawlyandsandy said...

Awesome pumpkins! And spider cookies, they look great! Love the pumpkin walk pictures, I sooo miss that walk!
Hurray for having your familiy visit! And Ellie looks adorable in her monkey costume. So I know how you feel about having her try foods, I was just as nervous, solids just freaked me out. so I'm totally there with you! :)

Lacey said...

Ellie really is the cutest little monkey ever!!! Looks like you guys did all kinds of fun things this Halloween... and it will only continue to get more fun as Ellie gets bigger. :) We've talked about going to Zeppe's and trying it out, so I'm really glad to hear what you thought of it.

Alycia said...

Fun Halloween traditions! Your pumpkins turned out way cute! I feel special that we got those 2 spider cookies--they were almost too cute to eat!