Three days ago, November 15, we decided it would be fun to start Ellie on Rice Cereal and see how she would do. The first day we did it in the evening just after nursing. As I mixed the cereal with some formula, it smelled so gross(the formula). We haven't ever used formula, so I really don't know what it smells like, but does it really smell gross??? Well, this is the response we received from the first serving. Ellie did really good and opened wide and...of course....wanted to help and grabbed the spoon many times. But then this is the look that she gave us.

After this, her lips were so tightly pressed together that there was no chance of getting the food in. It was hilarious. The next night, we tried it with breast milk instead of formula, and tried just before nursing, and didn't really get a better reaction than the first night, except she didn't throw it up five minutes later:)
Well, today we decided to try it during lunch time instead of dinner time. We tried a couple hours after nursing, and I used breast milk again, and warmed up the cereal a little bit. SUCCESS! She opened right up and tried it. She still tries to suck and all the cereal comes out, but it was much better and didn't even have a disgusted look. She ate/tried to eat a lot more this time. It was so much fun to see her trying something new and getting so excited to 'help.' Here's a picture from today after she was done. She just kept moving all over...as usual...and I couldn't get a great smiley picture:)
She just looked so cute all wrapped up. I can't believe it, but these towels are getting so snug. Ellie is growing so fast. I can't believe it. She is also getting so smart. She grabs at everything and puts her binky in her mouth all the time. She is chewing more and more on things(everybody always thinks she is teething, but I don't feel or see anything yet). She still isn't quite turning over, but is so close. She rolls to her side and back to the other side constantly. She can twist and scootch to places, but not roll over. It is nice that I don't have to worry about her rolling and getting into things quite yet, but it will come any day now. She wiggles everywhere and when on her tummy her little legs will come up under her and she pushes her bum in the air. When she starts crawling, she will be into everything!
It is just so sad, and takes so much effort. She is definitely going to have a little attitude in her and use any means to get her way;) It will probably work with daddy too, she's had him wrapped around her finger from day 1!
We are having so much fun with Ellie and love watching her grow and learn new things.







3 comments:
I LOVE the first picture! Oh, she is so cute!
So preciously sweet and cute. Have fun feeding her! I told patrick to give her her own spoon ... that might work. Get a rubber one so she doesn't poke herself, then ... she maybe won't grab the one with food on it. Worked most of the time for our kids.
LOVE you! OH...and MISS MISS MISS you too!
I Love the first rice cereal picture. It's so funny! She is getting so big! It's fun to see how they change!
Post a Comment