Wednesday, October 27, 2010

5 Years Ago

5 Years ago today, Patrick proposed to me!

It had been an extremely long day of studying for both him and me. We both had huge tests the next day, and I was a little sad when I was getting ready for bed and hadn't seen him all night(he had been studying with a huge group) I thought for sure he was going to propose that night. (I need to back track a little-earlier in the day, I had received a text from Patrick, he was explaining exactly how he was going to propose and I was so confused and didn't know if I should tell him he had sent it to the wrong person, or just act surprised! Yes.....so smart:) Well, after calling my friend, I decided to just act surprised. Little did I know she was the one helping him and was supposed to receive the text.) Well, just as I crawled into bed, I heard him at the front door. Then all of the sudden, I was being blindfolded and carrying to the car, in my pajamas... He drove around for a long time and I kept trying to figure out all of the turns and try to guess where we were going. Well, when I was completely lost, he pulled over and left saying he would be right back. He took a really long time, but then finally he was back and guiding me out of the car. We walked for a ways and he sat me down. Then the blindfold came off and I was at a picnic table at Adams Park(I think that's the name of the park...I know I'm terrible) There were candles and pumpkins and flowers, etc....)Then I turned back to him and he was down on one knee, with a ring. I was so excited! It was the best feeling in the world to know that you are going to marry the man of your dreams. It was perfect....

I can't believe it has been 5 years already. When I got home tonight, I found these on my pillow with a reservation to the Melting Pot!!! I was so surprised at everything and I absolutely love surprises(so much that I never even once tried to find Christmas...birthday presents growing up, I really wanted to be surprised). Patrick is not very good at surprises, as you can tell from the beginning of the story:) and is not always the most romantic guy in the world and we often joke about it, so this really was a huge surprise. Daisy's are my favorite and I have been hinting for a while that the only thing I really wanted to do for our anniversary was to go to the Melting Pot. We are planning a trip in the Summer for our 5 year anniversary, but can't do it over our actual anniversary because I don't want to leave Ellie for that long when she will only be 6 months old. Anyways....how sweet and I just wanted to say I love Patrick so much! He amazes me all the time with how much he does for our family. I am so glad that even though when he first met me I wasn't all too nice to him....he still asked me out. I can't imagine my life without him and am so happy to have such a great guy!

4 comments:

Lynda said...

Yes, he is a great guy and we love him too! Sometimes being romantic is taking out the garbage without being asked...or...getting up from the dinner table and doing the dishes. I think you both picked the best!

Jessica said...

Ohhhh, how cute! That must have been a cold but perfect proposal! :D What a wonderful husband you have! Happy 5 years!!

pawlyandsandy said...

I can't believe that after knowing you so long I've never heard how Patrick proposed?! I guess I was a bit to wrapped up in Paul at the time, sorry. What a great proposal and what an awesome surprise! I'm so excited for you two to go to the melting pot, it's sooo yummy!

Lacey said...

What a wonderful- and super sweet- surprise! I'd never heard your engagement story before. :) And daisy's AND the Melting Pot??? I'd have to say that Patrick did a pretty darn good job on this wonderful surprise! Enjoy! :)