
August 30, 2010. I can't believe it but my cute little girl is 12 weeks old already. She is growing so fast and I have wanted to put so many pictures on here, but...my stupid
internet has not been working. ANNOYING! Oh well. Hopefully it will work long enough for me to put on at least one cute picture and that will have to suffice for now:) Ellie is getting a cute little personality and is really starting to notice things more and more. She is so smiley and happy most of the time. Tonight as I was rocking her, she just stared at me the whole time. I couldn't help but get misty eyed because of how much I love this little girl. She brings so much joy into our home and I can't imagine life without her.
August 20, 2010. Here is a picture of Ellie in the morning. She is usually so smiley when I go in to get her. It's pretty hard to catch a smile on camera, but this was pretty good:)

We had her 2 month check-up and immunizations. She did so well. She of course screamed with the shots, but as soon as I picked her up she calmed right down. She slept a lot the next day and had a fever, but not too bad. She also didn't sleep as good the next few nights, but that's to be expected...right? She weighed in at a whopping 12 lbs 8.2 oz. And is 22 inches long. I thought for sure she would be longer because she seems to be growing out of her clothes so quickly. I wonder if they measured wrong when she was born:) Anyways, that doesn't really matter, all that matters is that she is a healthy little girl and growing perfectly. I love everything about her and have so much fun being a mom! August 12, 2010. Here is a picture of the damage...huge band aids for such little legs.

Here are a few things she does all the time.
- Smiles-all the time. We like to sing to her a lot and you can tell she is starting to recognize songs because she will get a huge grin when we sing certain songs-the frog song, popcorn popping and patty cake are her favorites
- You notice in the first picture, she has one hand in her hair...and the other in her mouth. She loves to play with her hair, especially when going to sleep. She also loves to suck on her hands...fingers...arm.
- Sticks her tongue out constantly-she has done this a lot before, but it is getting more. I think it's because of the frog song and we stick our tongues out a lot to see if she will do it:)
- Grasps onto her hands-she just started doing this last weekend. It is so cool to see her developing.
- Follows things with her eyes-she is getting very good at this
- She still wiggles all the time too. She has so much energy is amazes me, she never stops moving
- Giggled-this has only happened once with noise, but it was so cute. I can tell she really tries to laugh more, but no noise comes out, she just gets so excited and her whole body moves and then she sucks in air instead of making noise. Its really pretty funny
Ellie still doesn't sleep a ton during the day, but she is pretty happy and sleeps when she needs it, so I'm not concerned. She does pretty good at night too, so that is wonderful for me:) She really likes to be outside, or just to go somewhere each day. I can tell when she starts to get fussy that she is maybe feeling cooped up. I was really nervous at taking her grocery shopping by myself for some reason. I guess because I wasn't sure what to do if she threw a fit in the store....do I just leave my cart and walk out??? Anyways, I took her and she just looked around and talked the whole time. She doesn't seem to have any trouble in the grocery store...yet:) Side note....I always thought people would never really come up to me in the grocery store...and if they did that they would just comment and not get up in my child's face...but...the first time we went shopping, 3 different ladies came up and got right in Ellie's face and tried to get her to smile...strange how babies make women act differently isn't it? Oh well, she isn't scared of people yet and that just makes everyone love her so much more.
Okay, so here are some pictures...
August 26, 2010. I decided to make her hair as crazy as possible...it is just getting so long. I thought this was hilarious. Don't worry I put it down after the picture:)

August 28, 2010. Patrick's sister got married this last weekend...we didn't get any pictures at the wedding except this one. Her colors were teal and orange. Don't we look so cute. Also, notice the cute gold
sandal's Ellie has on. They were so long on her, but I had to squeeze them over her feet. I thought she would hate them, but shockingly, she just stared at them and would click her feet together. Maybe she will be a shoe girl.

August 20, 2010. She really likes her bouncer. It has little toys that hang down and she will try to hit them. She isn't great with getting her hands to do what she wants, but she swings them over and over hitting the hanging rattle. It is pretty cool to watch her starting to develop those motor skills.

August 14, 2010. I just love this picture. She just looks right at the camera. Every time I take a picture, she just stares at the camera. It's funny because I try to get her to look at me or Patrick to make her smile, but she is fascinated with the camera...I guess it's more interesting than mom or dad:)

On another note...Patrick started grad school this last week for Instructional Technology. He had orientation last Thursday and Friday and class started Monday. He is going to be one busy boy this semester. I am so grateful for him and his willingness to take care of our family. He amazes me that he is willing to work full time to support us and go to school. I love him so much for this because I get to stay home with Ellie. Wish us luck with the next few semesters and staying sane:)
7 comments:
Wow she sure is growing. I still wish we could meet her in person... maybe someday. She is a doll. I love all that hair. And I love that she likes to play with it.
Are you sure you don't want to move in next door???? She is growing so fast. Love, Love, Love the pictures of her smiling!
Oh, I love all the smiling pictures of Ellie! And her crazy hair picture... she is so adorable. :) I really like the wedding picture of the three of you... I had a hard time picturing the colors in my head but love how they look together, especially on the boutonniere. Congrats and good luck to Patrick on his Graduate school journey! And good luck getting your annoying internet situation taken care of...
It's fun to see pictures and hear all of the fun things Ellie is doing! She's a bit ahead of Amelia, and I'm excited to see her start to do some of them too! Good luck to both of you with Patrick's school. Brandon just started too. I know it can be tough when they are so busy... But it will be great in the long run.
Oh she is so adorable! All that hair! Don't you love it when they start filling out. So fun to hold and kiss.
And if she throws a fit in the store, you just keep on shopping. Or hold her and do everything with one hand.
I love her outfit at the wedding it so cute! and so is she. hope you guys are doing well:)
HEY! Long time no see/chat/ANYTHING! So I'm a really lame friend and haven't checked your blog in months and months... so I just spent almost an hour reading up on what your little family is up to! Ellie is adorable! (LOVE the name! That's what we're naming our little girl. Well, she's due in December so we're going to name her Noelle and call her Ellie for short.) I love all of her dark hair! I'm glad to see you're enjoying being a stay at home mommy. You look great :) I'll try to do better at staying in touch.
Post a Comment