Wednesday, September 29, 2010
P90X
So....lately....probably the last 3 years....Patrick and I have been feeling like we need to get into better shape. Just be healthier. We don't have any motivation for it though. I have never been a big fan of running and don't have very good endurance. We just feel lethargic all the time. Lately when we have been trying to be active, we are so exhausted in a short time. I decided that it is time that I try to get in better shape...NOW. It is always easier to do this with someone else to help motivate you, so Patrick is also joining me. A long while ago, Patrick got P90X. I don't know much about it, but know that it is a 90 day program to help get your body back on track??? The guy on the video:) is very encouraging and tells you over and over to make sure to go at your own pace. This is very important to listen to, because when Patrick tried it before, after the second day, he got out of bed and crumpled to the floor in pain:) We just started Monday, and I am already feeling it. I just know that it is a workout video, so I can do it at home and not have to worry about finding someone to watch Ellie or go when Patrick is home. I thought if I blogged about it, maybe I will have a little more motivation to not quit....since others now know of my goal:) Wish us luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Good luck!! I hear that is a pretty intense program, I've seen the infomercial for it. It totally helps working out after having a baby, I still need to get in the habit of working out to strengthen my back. Too much slouching lately. Again, I say "Good Luck, and I know you can do it, don't give up" You should take before and after pictures and pictures along the way to share with all of us, and to keep you motivated!
It is tough! I tried it for a while but it was hard in our apartment with so little space. I want to try it again once we have some more room, so you can't quit because you have to let me know how it goes! :) Good luck to you. If you ever do need a babysitter for Ellie though, you know who to call!
Go go go go go go go....yeah for BOTH of you! This past Tuesday marked my LAST day to walk in between running ... I am doing the couch to 5K running plan. I love it. Tomorrow I run for 25 minutes....I'm on week 7 (the end of it). I have SLOWLY worked up...even when I thought I could move farther along...I held back. Thankfully!
I have a friend doing it with me...we are enjoying the time together and the help to get our rear ends out of bed. But it is hard to talk and RUN...walking and talking is fab. So we have mixed feelings about this. Do we go earlier so we can still have talk time....because it is going to take us a LONG time to be able to run and talk at the same time. It is our morning therapy.
Good for you! Enjoy it...and do it for you!
Good luck! I love P90X. I have been doing it for a couple of months, after trying out P90. P90X is much more intense. I don't do it every day (other days I just run or something else), and I don't follow their schedule. I just pick whichever workout I want to do that day. It's such a great video (especially because it has so many diverse options), and it doesn't make me feel like I'm working out to a lame aerobic video with ladies wearing 1990's leotards. I hope you guys enjoy it. I definitely feel stronger, have more energy, and can tell that my muscles are getting a little more toned :) Wahoo.
I'm with you! I'm thinking I'm going to do P90X too. I want to get back in shape before we go on a cruise this coming spring. I'm afraid to go too fast though and not be able to breastfeed so I'm starting slow but hoping to get back in shape soon!!! If you were closer, we could work out together. :( Maybe someday!
Post a Comment