Thursday, September 2, 2010
So Many Dishes!
I have recently made the goal of trying new recipes more often. I have always loved to cook, ever since I was little. My mom would always let me help which I loved! I learned so much through the years from my mom about cooking. Even now, I call her with questions on what will work or how to make something. I love that she always knows what to do. This happened tonight as I was trying a new recipe for a fresh peach pie...you don't cook it, which I thought was cool because I really like the flavor of fresh peaches. As I was making a glaze...I think that's what you call it...I mixed it all together and brought it to a boil...then you have to let it rest for 10 minutes before adding the peaches. After the 10 minutes...I realized I forgot the sugar. AAHHHH! So...I called my mom. She calmed me down and helped me fix my problem. My glaze worked out great. I have to wait until tomorrow to taste the pie though since it has to sit over night...but...It looks delicious.
Although I enjoy cooking and trying new recipes, the one thing I absolutely hate is all of the dishes I make. Tonight I tried 3 new recipes for dinner...and dessert. I made a chipotle chicken, cilantro lime rice, and the fresh peach pie. I had just cleaned my kitchen...in preparation for making a pie, and when I finished with dinner and the pie, my kitchen was a disaster. I think I used every pot, pan and mixing bowl I own. Oh well...it was worth trying the new recipes. The chicken was very good, but the rice....not very good. I looked up the recipe for Cafe Rio's lime rice, which I really enjoy, but it turned out one big mash of sticky rice. Does anybody have a good recipe they could share with me for rice...or for anything? I would love to try them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
It seems that when the YW Pres up here first tried the rice...it was the same. It seems to be better now...I'll check with them to see their "secret." It is the Cafe Rio recipe too....
Fun to try new things. I haven't done that for quiet awhile...hmmm...not going to start soon either.
Love you
Oooo, yum! If that pie turns out wonderfully I'm going to have to get the recipe because my mouth is drooling just thinking about it! :) I need to make a goal like yours to try new recipes more often... I'm a super boring cook. But like you, I HATE doing dishes afterwards. But that's jut the price you pay, eh? :)
I completely understand! I also love trying new recipes, but sometimes the mountain of dishes and messy counters make it hard to want to go through it again. ha ha. But yes, it is worth it. That pie sounds delicious. How did it turn out?
Dishes are my worst nightmare! But I love to cook, too. Poor Joe has to eat all my "experiments." :] You should post your pie recipe! It sounds sooo good!
I just made a yummy White Chicken Chili. The recipe's on my blog, if you want to take a peek.
I love to bake and cook too, but yes, I hate the dishes!
I miss trying new recipes with you guys. You make the BEST stuff!
Speaking of that I've been craving your artichoke dip, can I have the recipe?
Post a Comment