Saturday, November 30, 2013

Happy Turkey Day!

We were able to spend some time in Layton with Patrick's family for Thanksgiving.  We had a great time, as always, with them and are so glad that we live close enough to see them often.  Ellie, Gavin and I drove up Wednesday so we could meet Kati and Griffin at the Ogden Treehouse Museum.  I have been meaning to take the kids here, and it was awesome!  There were so many things to do and see that it would be worth it to spend the day there and take a lunch:)  The kids loved spending time with Grandma, Grandpa, Griffin and Kati.  November 27, 2013
Riding the Choo Choo
 They could dress up like a fireman and drive the truck

 Checking out the fish with Grandpa Cassity
 Ellie dressing up like Pocahontas with Kati
 Grandpa Cassity teaching how to milk a cow.  I thought this was pretty fun that the kids could actually milk the cow and see how it works
 Ride 'em cowboy
 Yee Haw!
 Gavin, Griffin and Ellie kept going around in circles through this little house.  They thought it was hilarious
 As always, Grandpa found a place to nap
 Isn't this the coolest way to keep markers!  You never lose the lid!  I need to make one.
 We didn't make it to the music room till the end, but it was the coolest room!  They had tons of instruments and you could go around and try them all out.

 Being president for the day
 Ellie got to make a turkey craft.  She named it Emma.
 These were all standing up when we got to the room...
 Afterwards, we needed a cookie break!  I love that both boys have a mouthful of Oreo
November 28, 2013
I was in charge of the fruit for Thanksgiving.  I saw this cool turkey fruit tray and decided I needed to try it out.
 Playing a little football before dinner-Mike, Patrick, Todd
 Derrick
 Gavin, Patrick, Mike
 The spread
 Carving the turkey
 Judy doing pretty much everything else:)
 Kati sneaking before we start
 Another messy face!
 The missionaries joined us for the day.  Judy, Griffin, Todd, Mike, Kati, Derrick, Sisters, Ellie
 Sisters, Judy, Mike, Kati, Griffin, Gavin, Nicky, Derrick, Ellie, Todd
 Sisters, Judy, Mike, Kati, Griffin, Gavin, Nicky, Derrick, Ellie, Patrick
 Worn out at the end of a great day
 And...going crazy
 Second wind for the kids
 So we had a little dance party
 And clinked out tea cups

 November 30, 2013-Saturday Kati came over and we did a fun little Christmas craft.

I love holidays and spending them with family is the best!

No comments: