Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentines Day 2013

I LOVE Valentines Day.  I know that many people are not fans, but I have always loved it.  Maybe it's because my mom always did fun things growing up, or how much I loved making a Valentines box for school and passing out Valentines.  Well, I still love it and we had a wonderful Valentines day together as a family. 
Started out bright and early with a yummy breakfast.  Heart shaped pancakes.

I made heard shaped pink milk ice cubes to put in our milk.  Ellie thought this was super cool, especially when her milk started changing colors.
I found these bacon roses a while ago and knew I needed to make them for Patrick.  He is always joking with everyone about how amazing bacon is.  I was worried they would be too squishy for him, but they turned out really yummy...I had one too:)  He also got a bag of Grape Frooties.  They have them at Planet Fitness and Patrick and I love them!
We made these awesome Valentines cards for Patrick and both sets of Grandparents.  They turned out so great.  I was worried that it would be hard to get Gavin's hand print, but it was okay.  Both kids hands were red for the rest of the day, but that's okay:)
 Ellie got Bolt(one of her favorite movies right now), Valentines stickers, grape pop rocks, and Patrick made her chocolate kisses roses.  She loved it.

 Gavin got Squirt(from Finding Nemo)  He had just woken up during breakfast.  I love when kids wake up and are groggy for a bit.
We had a fun Valentines Day playgroup and decorated heart cookies with all of Ellie's little friends from the ward.  It was tons of fun and the kids loved it.
Then for dinner we had heart shaped pizza from Papa Murphy's, which Ellie thought was great.
Patrick brought me beautiful flowers and yummy Zupa's chocolate dipped strawberries!
We ended the night with some lovely pictures taken by our budding photographer, Ellie!
We had a wonderful Valentines day!

No comments: