Friday, November 23, 2012

Have You Ever Heard of Dislocating Your Elbow!?!

Last night while Ellie was wrestling with Patrick, her left arm made a pop noise.  Ellie was so upset and crying like crazy.  Since it was Thanksgiving, and almost 10pm...We tried to appease her and hope that nothing was serious.  We gave her ice to put on.  She kept saying that her wrist was hurting so we were being really careful with it.  She finally went to sleep holding her wrist but would whimper whenever she moved around in the night:(  Patrick felt terrible.  The next morning when it was still hurting, we decided we'd better take her in.  They got us in to see Dr Arnold and he knew exactly what was wrong.  Her elbow was dislocated!  I didn't even know that could happen.  He said that it would hurt to put it back in place but would instantly feel better.  She cried a bit, but not bad and then he told her she could have 5 suckers but only if she would grab them with her left hand.  She apprehensively moved her arm and found out it didn't hurt.  It was amazing.  I think we are going to switch to Dr Arnold for our normal pediatrician.  I am so glad it wasn't broken or anything and was  a quick fix!  I learn something new every day!

No comments: