We set up Ellie's toddler bed on the day of her birthday party. I have been fretting for a while now about this. First, I don't want her to keep growing up so fast!!! But second, because we have had a spare queen size bed in her room ever since she was born and although it is extremely old...I haven't wanted to get rid of it. She LOVES the bed. She plays on it every day and jumps on it every night. I thought for sure she would have a hard time with it being gone and be really upset....once again, I was wrong about something...she didn't even say one word about the big bed being gone. Patrick and his dad and brother moved the bed all out(it went to a good home, his sister and brother in law's). Then they cleaned her room and set up her bed during her nap. We showed Ellie her new bed and she didn't really get excited, but she wen over to it. We got her to get on the bed and test it out at least, but I think she was a little apprehensive because there were so many people in her room.
That night she did great. She had picked out her bedding, princesses, and she got some princess jammies that match perfect for her birthday. We had our little routine and tucked her in and she went right to sleep.
The next morning she even yelled for us when she woke up. She didn't play or even get out of her bed all night! Amazing. I wondered how nap time would be and once again she did great. Ellie has always been a really good sleeper, and changing to a big girl bed hasn't hindered that at all. I wondered how often she would fall out because she is such a crazy sleeper.
She has fallen out one night, June 18th, but we just heard her yell, "Daddy, help me!" When Patrick went in, she was half on half off the bed and a little disoriented. He tucked her back in and she went right back to sleep. After a few mornings, she still yells to us when she's awake, but will slowly get out and come into our room:) She is so funny and looks so grown up in her new little bed. I'm glad she likes it.






1 comment:
Amy just started sleeping in a big girl bed too. I think she's too little, but she will NOT sleep in her crib! She's done really good so far.
Post a Comment