Friday, April 13, 2012

It's a BOY!!!

We had our 20 week ultrasound on Friday, April 13, 2012. I was a little nervous because Ellie was extremely shy and I wanted to know what this little baby was going to be:) Our little guy was not shy at all...we knew within the first 5 minutes and she was trying to look at his heart:) The ultrasound tech said that he was moving around all over the place and had a hard time getting him to stay still enough to get a good look at his heart. But, all is well and things look great. A couple things I want to remember are that my placenta is anterior this time. I haven't felt a lot of movement, which always worries me, and that is the reason why. He attached on the side with my back, so your don't feel movement near as much early on. It made me feel a ton better especially since I couldn't figure out why because at each checkup he always seems to be moving all over the place-last month my Dr had a hard time getting a heartbeat because he wouldn't hold still. This also affected getting a really good look at his face. My placenta was showing too much to see through. But we still got a cute little picture of his face with a hand next to it. He also decided to urinate on camera(just like Ellie did) I still think it's funny that you can actually tell when that happens on an ultrasound. I know 3D ultrasound's don't really tell a ton of what your baby is going to look like, but I feel like this picture is nothing like what Ellie's picture was. I'm excited to see what he looks like and meet him. I'm so very glad that everything is great and we are over half way! We met both families in Layton to have dinner and tell everyone. This is how we did it! My mom and I actually made the cake balls and did half pink and half blue. Then I did the cookies the next day by myself. It was a fun way to reveal. I got the idea from SugarDerby. I even tried to make something for Patrick's dad to bite into...He can't have sugar, so I made a roll and put the center blue...but when it baked the blue showed through....oh well. It was a fun night and we are so excited to have this little guy join our family.

7 comments:

bobandhaley said...

Yeah! Congratulations about the little Nacho growing inside you :) Boys are fun... a lot of work, but fun!

emo said...

Yay! One of each. So fun, the American dream. Congrats to you guys. :)

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

That is super exciting! Congrats!

Ang said...

Congrats! How fun!

The Harmons said...

How fun, congrats! We find out of Monday what we are having and I'm hoping it's a boy to.

Lacey said...

Hooray for a little BOY!!! So exciting!!!! :)

Aubrey said...

I'm super duper excited about the whole boy thing. Very cool. I've never seen a reveal like what you did--very clever!