Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Christmas 2011

We had such a great Christmas this year. I can't believe how different Christmas is when you have a little one. Ellie made everything so much more fun and it was great to be able to see her get so excited with each new thing she opened. We were able to spend Christmas in Orem with my family this year and my brother, Gary, his wife, Katie and there dog Sadie came as well. Sadie is a lab and at first I was a little apprehensive to have Ellie there with this huge dog. Well....Ellie LOVED every minute of Sadie being there and was sad when it came time to leave. Sadie did really good and didn't ever get mad or feisty with Ellie...even with her pulling her tail and lips!
When we got down to my parents, my mom had made this fun Christmas tree for Ellie to take off and put on the ornaments. It is just felt and stuck on the fridge, but Ellie loved it! She spent a lot of time taking them off and putting them back on.
Ellie helped make pies with Grandma and had a great time. She even likes the pie dough(just like me) Then, on Christmas Eve, we celebrated oneofeach. A holiday we have made up where we have a small piece of each of the pies the night before. I love this because, really, you are always too full to each much dessert after snacking all day on Christmas and dinner. Here is my plate! I'm pretty sure Ellie likes this tradition too. She especially enjoyed the chocolate shavings from the Chocolate Sundae Pie!
Christmas morning was awesome! Santa came and it took a bit for Ellie to really understand that all of these things were for her. I loved watching her with her stocking. She would reach way down in and get each thing out. Then she had to play with each too:)
My mom got her a kitchen that we had all set up for Christmas morning. Unfortunately the doors were warped and wouldn't close. I don't really think Ellie minded much, but I didn't want to have it bother her if she couldn't open and close them. So, the next day I called everywhere and found that they have actually discontinued this kitchen:( We took it back and ordered a new one online. It was the other one we were decided between and when it came in the mail, Ellie was super excited about it! It is a favorite toy still and she plays with it all the time.
Since Christmas was on a Sunday this year we decided to wait until after church to open presents. We got all ready(this is how Ellie entertained herself while waiting) She loves to walk around in shoes, especially high heals, and she does a pretty good job at it. I made everyone take a picture before changing:) Here are just some picture of opening presents. Patrick got me cookie cutters I have been wanting.Ellie with her farm from Grandma and Grandpa Brown. She loves this one so much. I love how focused she is in this picture.Every kids needs a popper vacuum thingy...right:) Gary and Katie got Ellie a stuffed dog, Jingle, that comes with a book and when you read the dog will interact. Ellie thought this was the coolest thing ever!We got Ellie a little baby doll and Gary needed to wear the little hat:)Krista sent Patrick this hat with hair:) It was hilarious.And I got him a couple of seasons of Psych! Best show ever!The biggest surprise was for Patrick. My mom got him a blanket from his high school. His brother and sister have one and he always wants one too. He had no idea this was coming. I had to test it out too:)
On our way home, we had to stop and spend some time in Layton with Patrick's family. We had a great time there too. Here is Ellie with her new table and chairs and ice cream set. She loves them. Judy also got Ellie a sled that we didn't have a picture of. We had such a great time with everyone. It was nice to get home and have our routine back. Here are pictures of Ellie with all of the haul she came home with:)

No comments: