Thursday, July 7, 2011

Happy 4th of July

We had a great 4th of July weekend! We went down to Orem on Friday night to stay at my parents. Every year there is a balloon fest in Provo where they fly hot air balloons. You can actually walk around the balloons and get a closer look. I remember watching the balloon from my bedroom window as they flew over our house growing up, but I've never been down to see them close up. I thought it would be really cool and it didn't disappoint. We had to be there by 6:30am, which means, we had to wake up Ellie, but it was worth it. It was awesome! She thought they were pretty cool too. I know hot air balloons are big, but I didn't realize just how huge they are. Here are some fun pictures we got from that morning.
July 2, 2011
Pig
Darth Vader
Smokey the Bear
Coca Cola bottle-they didn't actually fly this one because they said there wasn't anywhere for them to land that was big enough? Not sure why they couldn't just land in the same place they took off from....but I don't know enough about hot air balloons. It was really cool though.
I'm really glad we made it down to watch these. I think we may even make it a yearly tradition.My sister in law and niece came to visit, so they could meet Ellie. Let's just say that Ellie has a new best friend. She loved playing with Katie. So glad we got to see you guys!
Ellie has been really snugly lately and wanting to be held a lot! I think it may be because she is getting another tooth. The top right front tooth. Here she is snuggling with Grandma Brown! Love those snuggles. We actually went home Saturday night, and then went back down to Layton Sunday night. We got up Saturday morning and went to the Layton parade. We were lucky because our brother in law, Mike, and his family saved us great seats right up front. July 4, 2011 Ellie was really tired, but she really enjoyed the animals. Choncho was there, so Ellie, of course, had to give him lots of loves. We had a BBQ later that day and my mom came up. Hanging out on the swing with Uncle Eric and Uncle Derrick. Grandma Judy got a little pool for Ellie and it was lots of fun! There was a little breeze, so she wrapped all up with Grandma, Choncho was a little jealous, but Ellie didn't mind snuggling with him too. Later in the day we had our annual snap war! It is so intense we even change into grungy clothes so they don't get ruined. It was so much fun and we were all very, very sore the next day! We had watched fireworks later that night and Ellie was mesmerized by them. We had a great 4th and love that we live close enough to both families that we are able to see them often.

4 comments:

The Taylor LIfe said...

My sister in law and brother in law went to the balloon festival, and they said they were right next to darth vador when it was blown up. They left after a big gust of wind and that they were not able to fly any in the air since it was so windy. Anyways, looks like a lot of fun!

Lynda said...

It was a fun day! It's always fun to spend time with Patrick's family! We're glad you live close too. (Patrick did you read that!!!)

Brooke Carroll said...

AWESOME pictures! That looks so cool! And I am jealous, I wish I could go to Todd's and Judy's and hang out with everyone too! Looked like it was tons of fun. You guys are so awesome :-)

bobandhaley said...

Sore from a snap war, that is some intense snapping ;) Love the dogs name... Choncho, I need to barrow some sweeeats.