Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sleep, whats that?

Top 5 signs that you are not getting enough sleep!
  • 5. You hadn't been grocery shopping for over 3 weeks.
  • 4. You decide that naps are much better than even thinking of cleaning anything in your house.
  • 3. You have eaten with paper plates/plastic silverware because you have no clean dishes.
  • 2. Your bag from the hospital isn't unpacked yet and its been 2 and a half weeks since you came home:)
And my all time favorite...
  • 1. You just put your baby in her crib and go to get ready yourself. Your husband calls you back into the room and your baby is now on your bed and you ask shocked, "How did she get on the bed?" Your husband responds, "She crawled out!" (I mean really could she have done it herself at 2 weeks old)

8 comments:

Denise said...

Ok...so I MUST be sleep deprived too. For one, I haven't been grocery shopping all month. Two, napping is ALWAYS better than cleaning my house. Three, paper plates are a must...but not because the dishes are dirty. Four, my bags from my travels are still unpacked in my thrashed room. And five, how on earth do these kids go to bed in their own bed and end up in mine in the morning?

Can't wait to see you...sleepy eyed and all. OH...and Ellie and Patrick too.

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Gotta love those first few months with a new baby. Hopefully your nights will become more restful soon! We can hope right? I'm still waiting for those restful nights myself.

bobandhaley said...

It gets better! I love the cute picture

Andrea Campbell said...

Looks like you are a normal, healthy new mom! Way to go!!! Can't wait to see her (and you of course!)

Carly said...

I agree with Haley. It gets better, until you get pregnant again, then it's exponentially worse. Hang in there! We all can relate. :)

Lynda said...

I tried to tell you that you wouldn't get any sleep for about 20 years after you have a baby. Of course, it is all so worth it. I have offered to bring her home with me. Look how cute and cuddly she is! See you all again tomorrow.

Alycia said...

Funny! If you ever need a nap you know I'd be happy to take Ellie!

pawlyandsandy said...

Welcome to early motherhood Nicky! This is totally the time to take advantage of ANY opportunity to sleep. The house totally comes second to spending time with the baby and sleeping.

Yeah, I can totally see Patrick joking that she just crawled out of her crib-what a punk :)