Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I Saw a Pumpkin 'fore You Did!!!

Ever since I can remember, my dad, mom and I have always raced to see who could find the first pumpkin of the year. This year I have to say my mom won. I got a text a few weeks back that said, "I saw a pumpkin 'fore you did!" I have to say I was a little distraught, because I can count on one hand the number of times I have not been first(I think my parents may have been letting me win all these years). I of course had to call my dad and tell him I saw a pumpkin first. All he could say was I was thinking the same thing the other day. It has really been a fun tradition that we have had throughout the years. I know this will definitely live on for many years to come. We will just have to wait and see who wins next year.
Paradise Pumpkin Patch
The first year Patrick and I were married we decided it would be fun to go to a pumpkin patch. I don't remember ever really going to one, and didn't know where to go, so I looked online. I found quite a few, but this patch was the top one listed. (Actually it is a pumpkin patch across the street, but the first time we came, we thought this must be the right one, so we keep coming here. All the money spent on pumpkins goes to a the young women/young men group in the area.) We have gone back the last couple of years because we really love the drive out to Paradise. It is really pretty and a fun little getaway. As you can see, there are so many pumpkins to choose from...I often have a hard time deciding which one is the best pumpkin. This year was not quite so bad. We found our two really quickly and then grabbed a couple of smaller pumpkins for our dinner. We usually like to get some apple cider from Paradise Farms, but we went after work and the gates were already shut.

6 comments:

Andrea said...

that's a fun tradition your family has! how funny after all these years you guys still play! we've never been to a pumpkin patch--maybe we'll have to find one this year. we can't wait to see what your pumpkin looks like...

Anonymous said...

Oh, so jealous. We can't get pumpkins cheap down here at all! They are mighty expensive. I remember last Halloween Brad and I got pumpkins that were monstrous for only $1.

P.S. I TAGGED YOU!! Check out my blog

sherrin said...

You're so cute! I'm glad I found your blog so I can still keep up on what you're doing. I appreciate getting to know you as we spent time at the Family Center!
Sherrin

Lacey said...

We followed your lead and went to the pumpkin patch ourselves! So fun, though all the green leaves were dead by the time we got there. We then followed your suggestion again and crossed the street to get some apple cider... yummy! Thanks for the idea!

jason and michelle clarke said...

Sounds like a fun tradition! Hope you are both doing well.

pawlyandsandy said...

We're not sure if there is a get together, but we probably won't be there. We aren't coming down for Christmas or New Years, because we are coming down during Thanksgiving and Jamie's graduation. We would love to see you guys. We will give you a call at least a few days before.