Since Patrick and I have been married, we have tried to start up a couple of traditions. The last couple of years we have made dinner in a pumpkin and then dipped caramel apples. This last Friday, we decided to have the the Staley's, Hughes and Whitmers over for our tradition. I forgot to take a picture of the dinner in a pumpkin, but it was really good. I got the recipe from this website, http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Teris-Dinner-in-a-Pumpkin/Detail.aspx
Here is a picture of the ending pumpkin.
First you unwrap all of the caramels.
Then you dip 'em in the yummy caramel.
Here is a picture of Patrick's perfection in caramel dipping.
His secret...the freezer!
Then to the fridge for some settling. While they were in the fridge, we started watching Monster House. This is a cute animated Halloween movie, I would recommend. After the caramel the best part comes....CHOCOLATE! I used the blue symphony bars, 'cause they are my favorite. This part is a little messy...
...and took some talent
Here are the finished products.
Patrick and me
Bob and Haley




3 comments:
that sounds like so much fun! i've always wanted to try the dinner in a pumpkin thing...it sounds good! you guys are such good hosts...it was always fun to hang out with you!
That sounds like a great tradition, a yummy one too. Everything looks delicious. When I cook, I always have to make at least some kind of mess.
Awesome traditions. I love it.
Post a Comment