Tuesday, May 27, 2008
The Golden Glove
I don't usually post things but I had to brag about my wife for a second. We've started playing in a co-ed softball league for Logan City and it has been a lot of fun. Nicky played softball growing up but likes to pretend that she isn't good. Don't let her fool you. Tonight she was playing 2nd Base when this monster of a man came up to bat. I shall call him 'Godzilla'. Godzilla had all ready scored twice and had done so by hitting the ball so hard that I was waiting for the skin to come off the ball like on Sandlot (I can't post a blog without mentioning a movie). Anyway, Godzilla hits this ball at Mach 3 speed directly at my precious wife. Much to our disbelief, Nicky reaches out across her body and the ball smashes into her glove releasing a cloud of dirt. Godzilla couldn't believe it. If that wasn't cool enough, she then quickly throws it back to first base for the double play. It was amazing. The only other time I've seen a catch like that is in Major League Baseball. She definilty has the play of the game. Reason number 1,205,201 why I love her!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




13 comments:
There is no question that you have an amazing wife, that's for sure! I can totally picture sweet, innocent, quiet little Nicky putting Godzilla in his place! Yay Nicky! Thanks for sharing!!!
This is why I love this guy. Please don't mention a movie about mothers-in-law. Mom
Go Nicky. I'm impressed and jealous. When do you play next. We'll have to come see you play.
NICOLE YOU ROCK!
Very cool tribute. Nicole, you are a studdette. At least you didn't take a line drive in the sternum (speaking from experience).
Very cool tribute. Nicole, you are a studdette. At least you didn't take a line drive in the sternum (speaking from experience).
Very cool tribute. Nicole, you are a studdette. At least you didn't take a line drive in the sternum (speaking from experience).
hahaha! That's awesome. And to think we were out riding our bikes around totally missing the game. We had even talked about riding over to watch you two play!
patrick and nicky! how are you guys? we found your blog on the allred's (hope that's okay)! it sounds like you guys are doing good! i'm glad that you are playing softball...melissa and tim said you guys are awesome! way to go with the double play nicky! :)
keep in touch with us! we miss everyone down there!
WAY to go Nicky!!! I always knew that you were humble, but a major league softball player? NOw that's some talent!!
I loved the Kung Fu Panda! Jon and I are so excited to see that come out in Theaters!!!
Nikki you're too modest
Pappy~ It sounds like you found a good one! You are both so cute! I love your blog!
So glad we found your blog. Please check ours out. Let us know if you don't want us reading yours. Sounds like your having fun playing softball. I love the "godzilla" story. We would love to hear from you. https://www.shaun-emily.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment