Tuesday, February 5, 2008
President Hinckley
I have to admit what a shock it was when we heard that President Hinckley had passed away. I guess I thought that he would just live forever. At 97 years he did so many wonderful things. I have really enjoyed hearing all of the stories and things he accomplished in his life. As I watched his funeral, I couldn't help but think of how happy he must be to be with his wife again. I will truly miss him and remember him forever. I really like this tribute to President Hinckley that Jamie had posted on her blog.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DONH655IR1E
Last night as I was watching the broadcast of our new first presidency I had the best feeling. I am so excited for the coming years and getting to know these great men better. I loved all of the answers that President Monson gave during the question and answer part. I can just tell that he is being led by the spirit. Over the last week I have been thinking how it is going to be hard to feel the same way about another Prophet as I felt about President Hinckley. He is the Prophet that I remember, but last night as I watched President Monson, President Eyring and President Uchtdorf, I had an amazing feeling. It will not be as hard as I thought. I don't think I have ever seen President Eyring smiling so big. I love and support the new first presidency. If you didn't get a chance to watch the broadast you can access it at http://newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Hey, thanks for the link to the broadcast, I only heard part of it on the radio and I sure like watching people better than just listening. You can check out our blog at lovingthetaylorlife.blogspot.com.
Carl said the same thing, "I thought he would live forever" What a great man, thanks for the tribute. I love that video.
I tagged you! Go to my blog to find out the details!
I am pretty close to tears whenever I watch that little video clip! Thanks for posting! It's my favorite!
We miss you guys!
Post a Comment