Sunday, September 16, 2007

Off To Work I Go

A little over a month ago, Patrick and I both were "let go" from our jobs. We worked at World Savings and they were bought out by Wachovia. Shortly after they decided to shut our office down and so we were left jobless. I took my time looking for a new job because we were getting paid for a few more weeks and then severance on top of that. It was nice for awhile not having to worry about waking up on time for work and planning my day around a job, but after a couple of weeks I started to go crazy. Once Patrick started school, I was so bored that I had to find something soon. I saw a position for a loan processor, which is what I was before, and decided to apply. I didn't think I had any chance in getting hired because so many people from my old company were looking for jobs and this is one they would be going for. Well, I took in my resume and they interviewed me the very next day. The day after that I was hired. My new job is not at all like the last one, but I am learning alot and really starting to enjoy it. I will say that I didn't like it AT ALL in the beginning and even thought about quitting, but after giving it a chance, I have started to understand more. It is nice to have a job and feel like I am actually doing something each day.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Congrats on the new job! That is exciting! I know that industry can be hard and demanding. I was in the title business for a couple years and was happy to leave the stress behind when I quit, but it was a really good job while I was there. Good luck!

Lacey said...

Funny how much better things get as you stick them out. I really hope you continue to enjoy it!