Wednesday, October 30, 2013

October Happenings

It snowed enough to really see on October 4th.  We had to bring a bit in for the kids to see and feel.  This was Gavin's first real experience with snow this year and he had to taste it!
I saw these awesome spiders online and Ellie and I had tons of fun making them.  They turned out pretty cute and we stuck them in spiderwebs inside and on the front porch.  October 7, 2013

 We headed to Jakers Jack o Lanterns in Springville.  They do it every year and I haven't ever heard about it, but it's completely free and has lots of fun stuff for kids.  I had to dress the kids up in there Halloween clothes.  October 12, 2013
Playing in the corn box.  Kids seriously love these!  They go crazy with the corn and it really is much cleaner afterwards than a sandbox!

Patrick buried Ellie.  She thought it was so funny!
Hayride.  Gavin thought the tractor was so cool.
Picking out pumpkins
So many to choose from

They also had a small petting zoo
And a cool slide.  Ellie loved this and could have stayed longer.  
I went down once with Gavin and we were done:)
Gavin loved the animals there, especially the horses.  He couldn't get enough of them and kept making horse noises.  It was a fun place and I love that it was free!
We made our annual trip to Gardner Village to see the Witches!  October 23, 2013  Gavin HATED the witches
But Ellie really got into them this year and would run up to find more
We visited the petting zoo here and both kids loved it!  I had to hand onto Gavin because he wanted to hug everything.
He even did a pony ride and liked it!  He only cried a bit at the very end!

Ellie wanted to ride of the huge horse and she did awesome all by herself!  She loves horses and pony's
I really like this pumpkin and want to make one...when I can find a huge log and have someone cut it for me:)  And of course, Gavin is so stinkin' cute sitting on it!
We found Ellie sleeping during a prayer...or at least that's what it looks like.  She is such a funny sleeper.  October  25, 2013

My parents don't have huge trees in there yard, but they definitely get a lot of leaves.  Grandpa and Ellie went out and shoveled the leaves into a pile and had a great time jumping in them.  October 28, 2013
 Grandpa burying Ellie in the leaves.  She thinks its hilarious to be buried in them!
 Gavin really liked to be in the leaves and stomp through them.  He is so happy!
 I love that toothy grin
  Ellie and Gavin helped me dig out the pumpkins for our annual dinner in a pumpkin.  October 29, 2013
We had our annual Halloween dinner party this year(we missed last year) and really had a great time.  We invited some new friends over and it was fun to get to know everyone more and eat yummy, Halloweeny food.  I didn't take any pictures, but we had Nicco and Nicole Beccerra, Ben and Jenny Wilson, Jeff and Alycia Rickords and Chris and Karen Read over. Here is some of our yummy food! October 30, 2013
The Reads brought cornbread
 Wilsons made a yummy jack o lantern vegi tray
And Rickords made a spiderweb bean dip
The Beccerra's made a worm punch that was also yummy, but I forgot to get a picture of it!  It was nice to have friends over and have fun food!
We've had a great month and really like this time of year for all of the traditions of different holidays!

No comments: