We were able to head over to the Orem Fire Station #3 for there annual fire station open house and had an awesome time with Jenny, Jade and Kiera Wilson! I love that cities do awesome activities for kids like this that are free! The kids were able to see a lot of things and really loved it.
We started off getting into a helicopter
The girls went through a fire simulator trailer that teaches about staying low and what to do in case of a fire. I think they may have been a bit scared about this one so we didn't get any pictures. We also passed by fire trucks and ambulances. We headed into the garage for some popcorn, cotton candy, stickers and fire hats and to try on the fireman clothes! Isn't Ellie so cute all decked out?!? She is pretty strong because all of there clothes were pretty heavy.
Gavin wasn't sure about the whole thing and all the people around. Good thing Aunt Krista came to help us out!
Then we headed outside and the kids were able to spray the fire hose. I love that he showed Ellie how to do it and let her do it herself. She is so independent
Ellie thought this was so awesome!
The fireman couldn't help but smile as she was so happy!
She was even strong enough to turn it off.
Gavin was ready for his turn
He thought it was pretty cool
Then wasn't so sure about the fireman helping us:)
I'm not gonna lie, I kind of wanted to try it out too! Luckily I got to help Gavin.
After this they had a mock fire. They actually had this really huge fire in a lower parking lot and the kids were able to watch the fireman go in and spray it down and see the fire be put out. It was really cool to watch. It was also very big and you could feel the heat from it.
They had a hose over the top spraying as well. When the fire was put out and this hose turned off, it dripped and soaked us all. I just bent over the kids to cover them since there was no place to go with all the people. I ended up soaked, but it was worth it for Ellie and Gavin to not be quite so wet. It was kind of cold and I didn't want them to be freezing.
On our way out we stopped to get some pictures of the firetrucks.
Gavin, Ellie, Kiera, Jade
Ellie and Gavin loved it all and I'm so glad we were able to go!




No comments:
Post a Comment