Thursday, August 15, 2013

A Terrible Fall!

Today while we were at Target, I let Gavin stand in the big part of the cart.  I don't do this because I like him buckled in, but he really hates to go shopping and was just crying so I let him and Ellie switch.  Bad choice by me!  Target has really tall carts and I thought it would be okay since I really doubted he would be able to get out of it.  I was wrong!  We were on the toy isle and he reached for something and just fell right out.  I couldn't even get there fast enough to stop it and it was TERRIBLE!  He fell right on his head and the soft spot was purple.  I was freaking out and nobody was around.  He started screaming and so I of course called my mom, who happened to be right across the street and came right over!  That was a huge blessing to have her calm me down.  Gavin was walking around fine by now and wasn't crying anymore, but since it was his head I was still really scared.  I called the Dr. and they had me come right then.  Dr. Cox checked his head for fractures and checked eyes for bleeding or bulging.  Everything looked fine and they said to watch him for signs.  For the next few hours I watched for throwing up-concussion or any blacking out.  They said since you hadn't blacked out and there were no fractures or bleeding that he would be fine and just to watch.  It is amazing how strong our heads are and I seriously couldn't believe there was no lasting damage!  I am so grateful that Gavin is okay!

No comments: