On March 7, 2012 Ellie was 21 months! She is growing like crazy and I'm pretty sure she has gotten a bit taller now. Some of her pants are turning in to floods and it's crazy. Here are some things Ellie is doing now.
- She takes one nap from 1:30-4:00ish. It changes each day but is usually 2-3 hours. Going from 2 to 1 nap threw me off for awhile. I loved being able to have the time in the morning to shower and get ready, but I have to say that one nap is awesome. She sleeps longer than before and I find that we are able to go and do more during the morning. It did take Ellie a little while to get used to doing only one nap. She would get really tired around 11am, but when I tried to do one nap earlier, she wouldn't sleep as long and the day was a lot more whiny!
- Ellie has really started climbing more and more. The other day while I was getting her lunch breakfast ready, I turned around and she had climbed almost completely into her high chair. I am sure she could do more before, but she never really tried to. Now she climbs onto chairs and will pull them over to different places. And...she will eat much better if I let her climb into her high chair by herself:) February 18, 2012

- The weather has really warmed up and Ellie loves to be outside(What kid doesn't?) She just loves to explore and see what everything is. We have horses close to our house and she really likes to go over and see them. It is nice to be able to spend the time outside with the weather. She also loves to play with chalk. Patrick took a soccer ball outside with her the other day and showed her how to kick it. She will run up and kick it now and is pretty good. She thinks it is a lot more fun to run and fall over it and then she laughs and says she fell down. We have a sandbox and she ends up there almost every day. March 14, 2012

- Ellie really loves singing with us. We noticed a couple weeks ago that she will really sing a lot of the song if we pause and let her. Her favorites are I love to see the Temple, Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam and Popcorn Popping. If we stop on a certain word, she will usually say the next word.
- She loves action songs or sayings. Her favorite right now is Ring around the Rosie. It is funny because she will actually say the whole thing if you just start her out with ring around the rosie. She will even fall down at the end now and LOVES it!
- Stickers have always been a favorite, but recently they are so much fun. Grandma Brown bought Ellie a Tinkerbell sticker book and she will sit for a long time and put the stickers on the pages. She can actually get the stickers off by herself now too. She is also getting much better and not sticking them onto everything. Only sticker books and her clothes. She also always seems to like the bug stickers.
- We tried to teach somersaults awhile back and she just can't seem to get quite all the way over, but she will spend a few minutes sitting like this. March 14, 2012

- Ellie has done so good with coloring and always only doing it on paper(or in the tub with her tub crayons) last week she decided to color all over our couch!!! I was shocked....and kind of worried about getting it out, but it all came out and after a time out, she hasn't done it since....Lets see how long that lasts. It was funny because at the end of time out I asked her if we color on the couch and she said very enthusiastically, YES! So I said no, we only color on paper and then I asked where we color, and she said the couch:( Hopefully she was just saying what she had done, and not what we SHOULD do...
- She is talking like crazy. The other day when she woke up from her nap, I asked what she would like to eat for a snack. She sat and thought for a minute and then looked up at me and whispered....Eat Cookies:) We had bought girl scout cookies the day before and they were a huge hit.March 7, 2012

- She has really started saying prayers more and more. She still won't say the whole thing by herself, but she starts and ends it and then will repeat what we say. It is really cute.
- Lastly, she still loves dancing. Patrick taught her to shake her bum and it is seriously the cutest thing ever.
Love having her around and she really keeps us on our toes and laughing all the time. So glad she is part of our family!




1 comment:
I have the cutest niece ever!
Post a Comment