Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Look and Feel!

We spent Thanksgiving with my family this year. It is always fun to be with family during the holidays. We had a yummy dinner, and a good time being together. When I was little, I had a look and feel book that my mom had made.

This was always my favorite page....Just so funny!

It was the coolest book every!!! So, I wanted to make one for Ellie....or have my mom make one:) She found the pattern a couple months ago and when we got down there, she had a bunch of the supplies to make it. I love doing crafts with my mom! We got to work and didn't think we would finish....but we made it! Here are the pages. We looked for this hairy fabric everywhere, they only had brown and black....yuck! Luckily my mom and all her fun stuff from years of crafts, we found pink....yeah! Sandpaper!
My mom found these feathers...they are spotted. Really fun!You can actually put your little hand in this mitten!We couldn't find squishy stuff anywhere....we ended up buying a think car washing sponge and using an electric knife to cut it! I think it turned out pretty great!I had so much fun making this with my mom. I think it turned out great and I can't wait for Ellie to really get into it. Memories!We drove home Sunday morning....here is what our car looked like after....can you believe the gunk? Yuck!Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Can't wait for Christmas!

4 comments:

Lacey said...

Those books are SO darling! Ellie is going to LOVE them. You always do the cutest projects. :)

pawlyandsandy said...

That look and feel book is AWESOME!! Way to go you and your mom for getting crafty over Thanksgiving. it was GREAT to see you guys last week, I'm so glad we came by!

preston. shawnee. cohen. said...

This is so cool!!! I've been wanting to make a book like this since Cohen was born!.... and still haven't done it ha :) You've inspired me though. Nice work, it turned out so cute! And it's always nice to have moms help :)

Alycia said...

Cute book! I bet she loves it!