Monday, December 13, 2010

Traditions

I know everybody has some really fun family traditions they do each year. I would love to hear about what you all do for traditions....especially around Christmas. Here is one thing that we do!
Patrick grew up doing these advent calendars. I really like the idea that each kid gets there own and gets to be creative about what they put on it. Then....before you can get your candy each day....you have to have done a certain chore....or read your scriptures....etc. I think its a fun tradition we will keep up for years to come.

Another thing we would like to start is to read a Christmas story each day in December. We were going to do it this year, but don't have enough stories....if anyone has any good stories they would recommend, let me know.

And....here's a cute picture of Santa Ellie!
December 12, 2010________________________________________________

Ellie has started to roll over in her crib. She just loves sleeping on her tummy. The first time I found her(December 1)....I sort of freaked out. She was up against the corner and she didn't move at all. Then when I picked her up she just looked at me like what did you wake me up for....Well, after rolling her over many times a night for the next few days, I finally just let her sleep on her tummy if she decides to. Most mornings I find her on her tummy. Here is a funny picture. She had her arm up the side when I went in. Such a crazy little girl!

December 5, 2010 Ellie is also sitting up really good now by herself. She face plants it every now and then, but that's to be expected....right? She was so proud of herself at first and wouldn't stop grinning.
December 3, 2010

7 comments:

Lacey said...

I love the homemade advent calendars... and that you have to do something to earn the candy each day. :) Santa Ellie is so darling, and she looks so proud of herself sitting up! She's growing up fast! :)

Diana Dye said...

Way cute. And Sarah loved sleeping next to her bumper pad too. She would scoot herself to the corner every night when I layed her down.

And the advent calendars are such a good idea. I'll have to remember that next year.

Denise said...

much to say...lots of stories and i love the traditions you are setting in motion. i will call on wed on my way to school

love you

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

She is getting so grown up! I love pictures of babies sleeping on their tummies. Also, I just barely saw your last post (I don't know how I missed it) but I LOVE your book. That is so stinkin cute. I might have to make one sometime.

JJC said...

Your in-laws have a really nice book on Christmas written by Charles Dickens to his family. It is not the traditional Charles Dickens book "A Christmas Carol" or any of his other, widely published books. I can remember the name, but from what I remember it would be an excellent Christmas read (a little longer--maybe over the course of a week). A Christmas Carol is also a great, great story. If you are looking for short, picture books, I always liked one called "The Light of Christmas" by Richard Paul Evans. My mother sent it to me while I was on my mission and I use to share with members and investigators in December.

JJC said...

I should proof read my comments before I post them!

pawlyandsandy said...

We've been reading scriptures that prophesy of Christ's birth or are a record of his birth. That's been fun.

Love Ellie santa, so cute!!!