In the Summer of 2004 I decided to move to Guatemala to teach English. I had just gotten my associates degree at Snow College and needed an adventure. Doing this, would cause me to miss out on Fall semester and start a little late going back to school, but I didn't care. I needed a change. Towards the end of my adventure....I was getting everything ready to start school at SUU in Cedar City. I had a friend that I was moving in with and was getting all my classes situated. Well....evidently the Lord had other plans for me, because a couple weeks before school started, I felt like I should look at USU in Logan. I changed all my plans and luckily had a couple of friends living in Logan and one was getting married, so I was able to by her apartment contract. Little did I know that this move would change my life:)
Patrick had gotten back from his mission in June 2004 and thought about going to BYU Idaho....but at the last minute decided that USU felt right. He started school in the fall. I happened to move in to the same apartment complex and we ran into each other a couple of times, but we were both dating other people, so didn't twice about it.
I had been dating the same guy for a couple of years and when we broke up didn't really know what to do with myself. I made my roommates promise to make me get out and meet people so I wasn't just moping all the time:) Patrick was good friends with my roommates and had just broken up with his girlfriend...and decided that he wanted to get to know my roommate a little better. When he came over the first time, I have to say I probably wasn't very nice.....no good reason for that. The next week a bunch of people were going to play mud football. I had absolutely no interest in this, but my wonderful roommates pushed and pushed. They even had Patrick come and try to convince me to go. I made every excuse possible, and he always had a come back, even saying he would find me clothes and shoes because I didn't want to 'ruin' mine:) I ended up going and had a great time. We hung out all day, swimming after and then a movie the next night. It was the very end of the semester and I was thinking about what to do for the summer. I thought it would be fun to go and live with my sister for a bit, but I had just met this great guy and wondered where it would go. I was not looking to get married at all, but felt I should stay in Logan....Lets just say the Lord had his hand in all of this. We were engaged In October and married 5 years ago today!
Cooking! Well, making a mess. we had lots of fun making dinner/lunches together.
Boating
Carving pumpkins-he gave these to me when he proposed.
The day after we got engaged.
The last 5 years have been so amazing.
- I got my degree in Family Consumer Human Development
- I worked at Lewiston State Bank for a few years
- Patrick got his Bachelors degree in Computer Information Systems

- He started his masters program in Instructional Technology
- We went to Los Angeles
Yellowstone
Jenny Lake
Oklahoma
Illinois
Lava Hot Springs
Washington DC
St George and Wyoming - We got 2 new cars
- We moved into a bigger apartment, not too far away from our first, but definitely an upgrade:)
- We have made a ton a really good friends
- We had our first baby girl!





7 comments:
what fun! happy anniversary!
Aww cute, and you guys looks so young! congratulations on 5 years!! And happy anniversary!
Yes Happy Anniversary!!! Loved the flash back picturs, so fun!
You guys look so little/ young. Happy happy day to you!
Happy anniversary! That was a fun post to read! 5 years! wowza!
Lots have happened in those quick moving 5 years. We think you are both pretty blessed to be together. Love you all!
I love this post! I loved reading everything about how you met and all your fun times together! I am such a sucker for a good love story and you two are so sweet and such a perfect couple together!
It was so fun to see you when we came to UTah! Your little girl is soo cute! I love her hair!
Post a Comment