Sunday, August 1, 2010

Ellie's Blessing!

Today was Ellie's baby blessing. We had such a great day! It all started yesterday with my sister Krista flying in. My parents decided to pick her up and then stay over night with us so we could all spend more time together. When they got here, Patrick opened the door to my brother Eric and nephew Taylor. They live in California and surprised us by coming. I had no idea he was coming and love surprises. It was so great to see him and have him be here. We spent the night Saturday just hanging out and getting all the food ready for the next day. Patrick's family all came up this morning. Our ward changed times today and moved to the 9am block. I am really excited for this change because Ellie is much more of a morning person and I think we will all enjoy church a little more now:) Patrick gave an amazing blessing and the spirit was so strong. He is such a great husband, dad and priesthood holder. I am so glad to be able to have that in our home. Afterwards, we had lunch with everyone at the church pavilion. We didn't get a ton of pictures...mainly because I was starving and it was pretty hot right at noon:) I will have to dress Ellie back up tomorrow and get one of just her in her pretty white dress.
Four generations on Patrick's side. Great Grandma Miller, Grandma Judy, Ellie, PatrickThree generations on my side. Me, Ellie, Grandma BrownAunt Krista and Ellie-Krista kept saying that she could easily sneak away and take Ellie back to Oklahoma with her:) We had to keep an eye on her.Grandpa and Grandma BrownUncle Eric and cousin Taylor-It was fun to watch my brother hold Ellie. He just loved it and she seemed so content with him as well. We were outside right at the hot time of day. We decided to keep Ellie in the shade...but she was still a little hot, so she was sportin' a diaper today:) Great Grandma Miller Well, after a long day of lots of family and friends, Ellie was plum tuckered. She zonked out on my lap... ...and then zonked again on PatrickWe had a really wonderful day and I am so grateful for all of our family and friends and the love and support they give us.

6 comments:

Denise said...

Wish I could have been there. Love the pics tho...my fav is of ellie zonked on your lap and Patrick yawning after a long day.

Love you...17....3

Lynda said...

It was a great day. Ellie was happy and content for it all. She did get passed around a lot so I can totally understand that she zonked when we all left. She is such a little cuddly, lovey baby and her smiles melt my heart. Love you guys!

Lacey said...

Sounds like it was a very special day for everyone! We wished we could have been there but couldn't get out of our church commitments... :( I'm so glad that everything went well and that it was such a special occasion for everyone! :) Ellie looks absolutely angelic in her beautiful white dress.

Niki said...

It was such a pretty day - Patrick did a great job - Thanks for letting us spend the day with you guys!

Katie said...

It looks like fun, and Ellie looks so beautiful!

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Looks like it was a wonderful day. We had my brother's babys blessing on Sunday and oh boy was it hot outside. I totally understand why you didn't get many pictures of your beautiful babe!