I just have to say that first of all, Ellie slept 7 hours last night. Yippee!!!! She has really been doing great sleeping at night, usually only getting up once to eat. She's been sleeping 5 hours for a few weeks now, however, that 5 hours starts early enough that I am up at 2am and then again at 5am. It really hasn't been bad, but 7 hours....that was wonderful. This picture is as of yesterday. Sorry I don't have one today, she is still asleep:) It was our first day to church in our ward. I tried to feed her right before we left so she would make it the whole time...that didn't happen. So much for being in Relief Society. She still did really great though through the rest of church.

The time has flown by. Ellie is 6 weeks old now and growing so quickly. This last week my sister and her family were in town from Illinois, so we packed up and headed down to stay with my parents for the weekend. It was great to spend time with my family and see my sister. We took Ellie to my parents sacrament meeting-the first time, and she did very good. After heading back home on Sunday night, I decided that I should have just stayed down there for a few days since Patrick works all day anyways:) So, we headed back down on Tuesday to surprise my family. We got down early, so it was only my dad home. It was so funny because as soon as we walked in, he jumped up, washed his hands and came and grabbed her. He loves holding her so much and she loves it too. She always falls right to sleep and just snuggles in close. My sister was so excited that we decided to come down as well. She had been swimming with her kids and as soon as they got back, she came running in. This was my very first long ride with Ellie by myself. We bought one of those mirrors that hooks on the backseat, which was great for me to be able to check on her and know she was okay. She slept pretty much the whole ride down. It was a fun few days and I know my family really enjoyed spending time with Ellie...and me:)
I noticed while in Orem that Ellie was getting quite a bit longer and just about not fitting into her clothes. She was still in newborn clothes. We finally went up to the next size on Thursday. She is now officially in 0-3 month clothes. It is strange to me, because she I know she is still so little, but she looks so much bigger to me. She is getting more and more rolls on her legs, which is very cute. She is also much, much longer. A lot of the 0-3 month clothes are fitting snug in length, but still pretty big around the middle. We don't have another checkup until her 2 month, so I measured her myself....however accurate that is....she came in at 23 inches.
Some of the things she has been doing...
- Holding her head up for a really long time. She loves to look around and see everything.
- She focus's pretty good on things, especially mine and Patrick's face. She will just look at me and I love those pretty blue eyes.
- She still loves to play the tongue game with Patrick. He will stick out his tongue and she sticks her out too.
- She's making lots and lots of noises now, it still surprises her sometimes, but I think she is starting to realize when she is doing it.
- It takes her so long to wake up, especially in the morning. She will stretch and grunt and stretch some more. You will also see in this picture that her feet don't really stay in the feet part of the jammies. She loves to curl up, and the jammies just don't curl up with her:)
- I love all of the facial expressions she does. She definitely got her daddy's ability to make strange expressions. Here are a couple.
I love that I have this picture of Patrick.
Just like her daddy!
I love this little girl so much. She is just so cute and loves to cuddle. We are having so much fun and although we have our days...we wouldn't change it for the world!
11 comments:
She is so cute! I can't believe it has been 6 weeks already. I can't wait to meet her!
Love the funny face pictures! She is growing up so fast... I can't believe it's been 6 weeks already. Yay for 7 hours of sleep... go Ellie!!!
What a sweet heart. She seriously is so precious.
So adorable! I think she is needing or wanting Aunt Denise again....maybe that is what one of those grunty faces means..."give me back Aunt Denise!!!" I had SO much fun with you ... oh...and HER too! hehehehee Can't wait to see you again...hopefully not in a year but sooner. Glad I can watch her grow through your blog. Sure love you guys...all 3 of you now!!!
Ok, so those last three pictures (especially) are PRICELESS! I love that you have that picture of Patrick as well. Your little Ellie is DARLING!!
Horray for 7 hours of sleep!!! That rocks!!! She's beautiful, even with all the silly faces, so cute!
7 hours! Woohoo! She is adorable. Can't wait to meet her :)
Oh my goodness! Love that little doll. Can't wait to see you all on Saturday.
Seriously, what a cutie! She is gorgeous and I love that hair! I swear there's something magical about 6 weeks! Congrats on the sleep!
OH my goodness she is so ADORABLE, I love all that hair!! You are one good looking family. I remember the days of not making it through all of church in hopes that feeding them right before they would make it until you got home. NOPE they have minds of their own, but we still love em. Congrats, sorry it's a little late!!
She is so cute! I love the pictures of her and Patrick! Too funny! Hope you guys are doing well!
Post a Comment