Saturday, January 30, 2010

It's a..................................................................

We had our ultrasound this last Thursday. I was nervous about going because I wanted to make sure everything was okay with our baby and I was worried that it would be shy and not reveal its gender. Well.....everything is perfect, but...our baby was very shy...or as the ultrasound tech would say, stubborn. After 45 minutes and some poking and prodding, the ultrasound tech said she was only 60% sure. She had me go to the bathroom and then do some moving around(aka jumping jacks, stretching) anything that would maybe persuade our child to uncross its cute little legs(which was so cute in the ultrasound pics, but makes it extremely hard to tell the gender.) When I came back, they were still crossed, but now at the ankle instead of so tightly. We finally found out that we are having a GIRL! We are both excited and very glad that everything was perfect. The ultrasound was so cool, you can actually see the shape of the face and everything. Here's a picture for you all to enjoy! I forgot to say how we told our families. It was Patrick's idea and I think it was really cute. We got some pink balloons filled with helium, and put them in a huge box. Then we had some other pink stuff in the box as well-pink frosted cookies(yummy). That way, when our families opened the box, pink balloons flew out everywhere. It was really fun, and both families are extremely excited:)

15 comments:

Jeremy said...

She's going to be cute, I can tell already. Of course, she has Patrick's chin...

We told Thomas in the womb that if he was shy during the ultrasound we'd name him Audrey, no matter what. He wasn't.

Lacey said...

Yay oh yay oh yay! I'm so glad that she's healthy and doing well, and I'm so incredibly and super excited for you guys to be having a perfect little GIRL! Seriously, girls are just so fun! (I'm sure boys are too, I just don't have any experience with them!) And such a modest little thing already. :) I'm so glad that she was able to be convinced to share her gender with you. And her picture is way cute! Steve thinks I'm nuts but I think she looks like Patrick in this picture. :) C

Lynda said...

You didn't tell everyone the cute way you told us she was a girl! And tell Lacey if she could see the "lovely" picture Patrick left on my computer she wouldn't be excited that this cute little cuddly baby has any resemblence to that! But that is why we love him so much.

bobandhaley said...

She is going to be such a cutie, I can already tell! Congratulations!

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Yay Yay Yay! We are so excited for you! Girls ar so much fun. Of course they are all I know but still!

The Graves.... said...

Oh my goodness! Her face is sooo cute! That is a great ultrasound picture! Congratulations!

Kaye and Mike said...

Congratuations! We're very excited for you!

Carly said...

So fun! I can hardly wait to see (or read, rather) about how smitten Patrick will be with a baby girl. Too fun!

Sarah said...

Congratulations you two! That's so awesome. Girls are a blast!

preston. shawnee. cohen. said...

Oh how exciting, yay!! Maybe Patrick will get his little boy next time ha. But little girls with their daddys are the sweetest. Congrats you two!!!!

Risa said...

YAY! Congrats you two!!! That is awesome! I go in for my ultrasound a week from today and I can't wait! The pic is adorable!

Andrea Campbell said...

Okay, since I NEVER see you, I think you need to post pictures of you right now too!!! So excited for you guys. Let me know if you want a lesson on making all things girly. I've had to learn how to make all the cute accessories since I am a cheap skate.

Simply K said...

I thought for sure that you would be having a girl! It just felt right. We are so stinkin' excited for you! I hope your pregnancy was as easy as mine. Good luck!!

Ericka said...

Congrats! You guys will make the best parents! We are so excited for you both and lucky you Nicky...a girl!

Kaye and Mike said...

Congratulations! I remember when you were born! I can't believe you are going to be a mother now!