Sunday, March 22, 2009
Scientific Experiment
A while back Patrick and I were watching Myth Busters. If you haven't seen it, it's great. They try out things that people email them or that they find on the internet to see if it is really true. It is fun to watch and see what the outcome is. While watching an episode I told Patrick I really wanted to try it. For this myth buster, they used Diet Coke and Mentos. You drop four Mentos into a 2 liter bottle of Diet Coke and watch what happens. Here is a little video so you can see how it worked for us.
It didn't last for as long as we would have liked, but it was fun to do. Here the link to the Myth Busters episode on Diet Coke and Mentos. They explain why the reaction happens. It is pretty interesting.
http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/mythbusters-diet-coke-and-mentos.html
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
I'm very impressed. I've always wanted to do that expirement. You guys are regular scientists. We all know what Patrick and Nicky's kids are doing for their science projects. No solar system for your kids. (The yellow one's a sun.)
I've never actually seen this done... so I was a non-believer. Thanks for clearing things up. :)
That's awesome! We love to watch Myth Busters!!!
Thats funny. We love that show! I have never thought to try that out myself. Now I might have to just for fun:)
Interesting! That's cool! I think we might have to try this... I bet the boy scouts would love it.
We were so excited to stumble in on you guys just in time for the experiment! Even though it's short, it shot pretty high. You guys are so much fun. :)
Hey That's a great video, sounds like fun! And I love your blog it's really cute! see you
So I just popped over to see what you have been up to... since we haven't seen you for a while. I think it's funny, the video looks like it is from 40 years ago because all the colors are so blah. I am so ready for spring!
Post a Comment