
For Spring break this year we headed to California with the Bowcutts. We left bright and early (5:00am) and it was snowing. We were so excited to be going to warmer weather. It was about 75 degrees the whole week. It started to rain on our way home, but other than that...it was great. Patrick served his mission in Los Angeles, California. We were lucky enough to be able to spend a few days in Hermosa Beach with a mother and daughter he taught while on his mission. Ada and Mayra Padilla were so great. They let us stay in their house and taught us how to make some really good food.

They live just a few blocks away from the beach, which was wonderful. This is a view from their home.

We stayed a few days in Hermosa Beach, on Sunday after church we went and walked around the Los Angeles Temple. It was so beautiful, I wish we would have had more time to be able to go through a session.
It was so great. We got to spend a whole day at the beach, soaking up the sun. I kinda forgot sunscreen for the first little while and I paid for it. Here are some pictures of our adventure. The one of Jared, Emily and me is when we walked over to a pier. It was really cool because there were a ton of fishermen. Many of them actually caught fish...they were tiny, but they still caught them.
Mayra helped us to get a great deal on tickets to Disneyland and California Adventure. We spent the first day at Disneyland. It was so much fun going on all the rides, shopping and watching the shows. They have an awesome fireworks show every night. They played a bunch of different Disney songs and the fireworks went along with the songs. Here's us with Mickey!
The morning that we left we were able to go to a session at the San Diego Temple. It has always been my very favorite temple, and now it is more than ever. If you ever had the chance to go, do it! Make sure you ask for a tour as well. When we came out of the session, they grabbed us to do sealings too. It was an amazing experience. We even ran into another couple from Logan in the temple. We had such a great time in California.



P.S. Mayra we didn't get a picture of you...Next time for sure!
7 comments:
What a fun trip. I love southern Cali. I used to live in Del Mar. How fun for you guys to get away. You guys do have a lot of fun, huh? Great pics
Okay, Nikki, here is what you do. Get on my blog, go to James & Kristen Kropf Family, go to "Gotta get me some" then click on "Fun Layouts". Everything should be self explanatory on that website. There are also a bunch of other ways to do it which I will have to e-mail to you! Hope it works! Let me know how it goes.
Yay! How fun. We went to San Diego a couple years ago and it was a blast. Nice Dunder Mifflin shirt, Patrick!
that looks like so much fun! What a beautiful Temple!! Thanks for how great you do with Aspen in Nursrey!
Fun trip! I got my background from... http://www.cutestblogontheblock.blogspot.com/
wow! congrats on the derby winner spree! hahahahah Love the pics of the temple! Jon and I did a session in the San Diego temple! IT's gorgeous isn't it! Disney land! I am jealous! Some Day! SOmeday
I just have to say how much I love that poka dot dress on you!!! If I find one like that I am soooo buying it! We miss you guys!
Wow, you guys did a lot of fun things! Good for you guys. Glad you had fun.
Post a Comment