Thursday, January 31, 2013

January Happenings

We had a fun relaxing month.  It was nice to just hang out and spend some time doing fun things together.  Here are some of the happenings from January 2013.
Sumo Wrestling-Patrick is so good at rough housing with the kids.  Ellie and him have always wrestled and tackled etc etc.  They have discovered something new, Sumo Wrestling.  Ellie had so much fun and I'm pretty sure Patrick did too! January 5, 2013
Since it's January, we have been inside a little more.  We decided to have a picnic inside in Ellie and Gavin's bedroom.  It was a huge hit and we will definitely need to have many more of these!  January 17, 2013
Shaving cream and food coloring painting-I did this in a class in college and thought Ellie would love it.  It was a hit and she especially loved dropping on the color and mixing it around with a toothpick.  We ending with painting with different textures, cotton balls, brushes and a potato.  January 21, 2013

Laughing during dinner.  Patrick always has the kids laughing during dinner.  Gavin is super smiley with him and it is so fun to watch as they play together.  January 23, 2013
 Playing with dolls.  Ellie got Doc McStuffins for Christmas and loves to play with her.  She goes everywhere right now with us.  January 28, 2013
Snuggling with me.  I love holding and rocking my kids in there rocking chair at night.  I have always loved doing this and it is so nice to just snuggle.  Here is a very sleepy Gavin, annoyed with the flash.  January 29, 2013
We also tried a couple of new recipes.  First was a Blueberry Cheesecake Pops.  They were good, but I don't think I would make them again.  They were not popsicle enough for me.  Too much like just frozen whipped topping.
Then we make some yummy crusty bread.  It was really fun to try and we didn't think it would actually work.  We just made a plain bread and I think it would taste better if you put in different spices to try.  I think we will try it again with something else in it.
We had a great month!

No comments: