Sunday, December 20, 2009

Top 10 of '10 - Give Away

It is that time of year again where I make a post on our blog. The one time a year. That can only mean one thing. Here are the top 10 movies of 2010.
Since this is our 100th post we will be giving away $15.00 gift card to Westate Theaters (Logan Theaters but there are some others scattered around Utah). All you have to do is comment on your favorite movie of 2009 and what movie you are most excited for in 2010. We will be posting the winner on January 1st! make sure to enter before.

10. Despicable Me

(July 9)- CGI animated with Steve Carrell as the voice.

Despicable Me Trailer

9. Robin Hood (May 14)- Starring Russell Crowe. I am worried that this one could be rated 'R'. If it is then I am sorry to have it on this list but it looks way cool.

Robin Hood Trailer

8. Disney's Rapunzel (November 24)- It is Disney and it is a fairy tale. Need I say more.

Rapunzel Site

7. Date Night (April 9)- Starring Steve Carrell and Tina Fey. Both our Thursday Night favorites.

Date Night Trailer

6. Toy Story 3 (June 18)- Same old cat is back. Hopefully it has a good story line.

Toy Story 3 Trailer

5. How to Train Your Dragon (March 26)- This is done by the same people that created Kung-Fu Panda. I loved Panda and this looks good too.

How to Train Your Dragon Trailer

4. The Prince of Persia (May 28)- Starring Jake Gyllenhaal and produced by Jerry Bruckheimer. The special effects look great!

Prince of Persia Trailer

3. The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (December 10)- I love the first two and although Fox is developing this one and not Disney, I am still excited. 2. Iron Man 2 (May 7)- Iron Man surprised me two years ago and this one looks just as good. I hope it lives up to expectations.

Iron Man 2 Trailer

1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Part 1) (November 19)- I was wrong this year to put The Half Blood Prince and number two or three. It was the best movie of this year. I am hoping that this one lives up to the hype.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Preview

Honorable Mentions: The Green Hornet, Clash of the Titans, The Sorcerer's Apprentice, The Last Airbender, Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief, and from Nicky we have When in Rome and Letters to Juliet

18 comments:

Carly said...

Ok. Officially stoked about Robin Hood! Want to see that one for sure!

And, even though it hasn't come out yet, I'm pretty sure the best movie I'll see this year is NINE. That's all.

Niki said...

My favorite movie of the year that is very hard - we loved Taken, and Up and we can't wait for Harry Potter in 2010 - what can I say...we're addicted!!! =)

Aubrey said...

HARRY POTTER!!!!!! AND VOYAGE OF THE DAWN TREADER!!!! Okay sorry about all the shouting, but really we are SOOOOO excited!

Aubrey said...

Oh, and our favorite movie of 2009 was Harry Potter, with runners up of Up and Spencer liked A Christmas Carol. There now we have followed the rules!

Traci said...

Okay everybody else is wrong. The best movie of 2009 was clearly the Hannah Montana movie. Kidding. But we liked 17 Again and Angels & Demons a lot.

DATE NIGHT!!!

Also, I'm a little disappointed you left out Alice and Wonderland.

preston. shawnee. cohen. said...

How cool that you're doing a giveaway!

This is seriously too hard for me to answer! But I guess with Cohen being born we really haven't seen too many movies this years. We LOOOOOOOVED Harry Potter though! Always a favorite. And I really liked 17 again and of course New Moon :)

Looking forward to HARRY POTTER and BREAKING DAWN. I know everyone else is probably excited about both of these as well, but I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Denise said...

I probably can't win living in Illinois...but I'd have to say UP was way fun (we even just watched it again tonight). But I really liked the Princess and the Frog too....so....only kid movies here. I'm sure Scott and I see movies, just can't remember right now....only kid ones rule my brain.

Good luck to all....what a fun sister I have!

Lacey said...

So there really were lots of great movies this year, but I must say that for me Star Trek was the overall winner. I could watch it over and over again. :)

For next year I'm way excited about Percy Jackson and the Olympians (LOVE the books), Harry Potter, Iron Man 2, and When In Rome. Great post! So many fun movies to look forward to in 2010!

Dave and Alisha said...

I love that you guys do this.. cause I didnt know a lot of these movies were coming out. But for my fav. has to be Harry Potter and a close 2 is iron man, and the disney one! Thanks for doing this.

Alycia said...

You guys are so clever! I am really excited for TOY STORY 3 next year--because I loved the other two.

As for 2009, I don't think we saw one movie in the theater this year--redbox has been too good to us. But my fav this year I think has to be The Proposal.

I hope I win!!!

Blake and Lacy said...

Since Harry Potter was our favorite movie of '09 we are also looking forward to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows. Oh and of course Date Night, the first part of the trailer was great! Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

Sarah said...

I'm pretty excited about Harry Potter next year, and Toy Story 3. I love those movies! This year,

I really liked Monsters vs. Aliens, but there were a lot of great movies this year.

The Taylor LIfe said...

This year we have liked Star Trek! And next year we are excited to see The Last Airbender(Robert), and for me I will have to say Iron Man 2, but there are a few that look really good besides that one. I really am excited for the Disney movies as well.

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I have been trying to decide which movies to say... I really don't go to movies very often anymore, we just rent them from redbox. I really liked UP thought last year and I can't wait for the new Toy Story this next year!

Lynda said...

Don't let me being your mother-in-law tip the scales in my favor! You know I rarely even go to movies but since you were whining about how many people had entered your contest I thought I might add 1 more name. Of course I loved UP, who wouldn't. Then again I actually went to see Blindside (or whatever it was called) and I loved it too. I think those might have been the only 2 movies I saw this year!! Remember Patrick, your my favorite.

Jeff said...

I think date night will be the best because it has my two favorite tv stars. But Potter should be good as well.

Jeff said...

From 2009, the best movie was Tranasformers 2 for sure.

bobandhaley said...

We don't get a lot of movies out here but one that we saw that we both liked was UP oooh... and Harry Potter. I hope we win! (Then we could go to a movie with you guys when we come home next!)